Recent experience at chaengwattana Immigration. TM30 info

My wife and I extended our SETV visas at CW last week quickly and easily. We are staying in a condo in BKK and our Landlord made an entry in the TM30 online system for us when we arrived. We traveled to Pattaya for several days and stayed in a hotel there during the course of our visa. I assume the owners of the hotel made TM30 entries for us. As a test I did not have our landlord update the TM30 database with this provincial travel information.

I brought a printout of the original TM30 from our landlord which I included in our document bundle at CW. These printouts were returned to us by the staff 'No need' I was told. There was no mention of needing to re-update the TM30 database for our trip to Pattaya. This leads me to believe at most TM30 is only necessary for exiting and entering the country for CW visa extension purpsoes. It may not be necessary for travel within the country, but that is ONLY my personal experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I seem to recall CW were being stricter a while back and issuing TM30 related fines to all and sundry.  Also they were checking TM30 was correct and up to date before they would process other needs. It seems they have backed off or changed stance. Much for the better. Still never done one for myself (in my own property) at Jomtien. 

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, JohnOFphon said:

I went to Cambodia and back a couple of months ago. I did not update my TM30.

Last week I went to get a certificate of residence at CW. Issued at the same desk as the TM30.

The IO there questioned why I did not update and I just played like I didn't know. If that made a difference or not..I don't know, she asked if I was I was still at the same condo...yes....,,,and she issued me the certificate and did not tell me to go update my TM30, 

I wouldn't advise anyone to stop updating ... I got away with it once...never know what the next IO will say, or do.

what sort of visa and extension are you on?

are you required to do 90-day reports?

have you done a 90-day report since your return from cambodia?

17 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

what sort of visa and extension are you on?

are you required to do 90-day reports?

have you done a 90-day report since your return from cambodia?

Non O A and I have traveled out and in 3 times since my original TM30 11 months ago. 90 days starts new upon arrival...so no 90 day report until last week, when I did one online....no problem.... Of course I have to fill out the arrival card...so does that count as a report???

26 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

Of course I have to fill out the arrival card...so does that count as a report???

No it does not. The TM30 is a report of your arrival at a residence.

Whether you need to do another one depends upon the immigration office you report to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnOFphon said:

Non O A and I have traveled out and in 3 times since my original TM30 11 months ago. 90 days starts new upon arrival...so no 90 day report until last week, when I did one online....no problem.... Of course I have to fill out the arrival card...so does that count as a report???

thank you.

i'll be returning for the summer and will need to renew my driver licenses that expire next month.  last 90-day was 2 years ago.  other threads indicate cannot get a res cert unless 90-day done with latest tm-6.  outcome must depend on the fengshui of the officer on duty.

CW Immigration told me in October that we do not have to do another TM30 if we travel anywhere in Thailand and stay the night. We only need to do the TM30 if we leave and reenter Thailand. We should keep a copy of the TM30 in our passports, the same as required for the 90 day report. I reported this change in Thai Visa last October.

On 1/25/2020 at 12:47 PM, JohnOFphon said:

I went to Cambodia and back a couple of months ago. I did not update my TM30.

Last week I went to get a certificate of residence at CW. Issued at the same desk as the TM30.

The IO there questioned why I did not update and I just played like I didn't know. If that made a difference or not..I don't know, she asked if I was I was still at the same condo...yes....,,,and she issued me the certificate and did not tell me to go update my TM30, 

I wouldn't advise anyone to stop updating ... I got away with it once...never know what the next IO will say, or do.

The rule of thumb since early last year at several immigration offices is, when travelling in Thailand,and coming back to the last official reported address (like a condo/house), then a new TM30 report is not needed. Coming back from abroad is another story,then a TM30 report is normally needed.

Edited by Max69xl

It is also my experience, I really believe that the vast majority of Thai immigration offices only want a report if you leave the country, probably because they know it was unfair in the first place and did not want to lose face.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 11:47 PM, JohnOFphon said:

I have never updated my TM30. An original was filed two years ago by the agent (rental agent) for my condo. Have left the country multiple times (at least 6 times in last two years). Never had any problem. Of course I never extended my stay or applied for an extension. Next moth I would use an agent to get a retirmenet visa. The agent all ready said, it is OK. No need for TM30 if you have the original. 

Edited by Vascoda

5 hours ago, Vascoda said:

I have never updated my TM30. An original was filed two years ago by the agent (rental agent) for my condo. Have left the country multiple times (at least 6 times in last two years). Never had any problem. Of course I never extended my stay or applied for an extension. Next moth I would use an agent to get a retirmenet visa. The agent all ready said, it is OK. No need for TM30 if you have the original. 

Again with you and agent.

The OP is not using an agent.

I have advised that currently tm30 is not required for annual extensions based on retirement etc.

Attending CW for extensions to visa exempt etc most likely require tm30.

Those folk certainly would not use agent.

51 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

I have never seen so many grown men have anxiety over immigration. Relax and don’t anchor yourself to any country and you will have a peaceful life. Chill man chill never had a single problem at CW in four years. ????????

That's good weed your on.

Several months back CW imm along with many imm office required tm30 and we're giving fines of (in most cases) 800baht.

My previous 7 years prior to crack down had never done tm30. I think you dodged blitz period, but it did occur.

Currently at CW back to normal. 

Edited by DrJack54

14 minutes ago, GanDoonToonPet said:

I extended my 30 day visa exempt last week at CW & they didn't even mention a TM30. I've been staying at my GF's house, never left the country, never even been near a TM30 ????

Again read my post above. Things back to normal. If you attended CW imm several months back it would not be so joyous.

But yes tm30 back to normal at CW. Not required for annual extension.

Also it seems not for extension to visa exempt. That's news. Surprised 

Edited by DrJack54

Me and the wife need go do extension on SETV at CW this week or early next week, we been staying in small hotels, current one in ratchada soi 3, they doing no online reporting from chat with reception and got no interest in helping provide it, personally I can't be arsed sorting this as we on holiday not a red tape and bureaucracy training program .
Interesting how CW handle us, if they intend fine us we won't be handing over 1Bt as it not our responsibility . we will give them hotel information and a 3 finger salute ... I generally always polite to any country official regardless of incompetence or stupidity but if this becomes an issue politeness will have to end ...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Again read my post above. Things back to normal. If you attended CW imm several months back it would not be so joyous.

But yes tm30 back to normal at CW. Not required for annual extension.

Also it seems not for extension to visa exempt. That's news. Surprised 

So visa exempt and retirement extensions don't need a TM30 while on the other hand immigration screws over SETV/METV holders requiring TM30 to be filled. Bloody stupid with their discrimination to longer term tourists!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThuukLaawk said:

Me and the wife need go do extension on SETV at CW this week or early next week, we been staying in small hotels, current one in ratchada soi 3, they doing no online reporting from chat with reception and got no interest in helping provide it, personally I can't be arsed sorting this as we on holiday not a red tape and bureaucracy training program .
Interesting how CW handle us, if they intend fine us we won't be handing over 1Bt as it not our responsibility . we will give them hotel information and a 3 finger salute ... I generally always polite to any country official regardless of incompetence or stupidity but if this becomes an issue politeness will have to end ...

Please report back to this thread how things went at CW as SETV/METV holders would be keen to know what happens.

• Like 1