Urgent: O Rh Negative Blood Needed in Bangkok

blackcab

Rodney is a good friend of mine and a guy who has spent his life helping others, as a fellow O Neg person I wanted to help but was turned down because I don’t fit the Thai criteria for donating blood, not sure that Rodders would want my cast offs anyway.

i would urge all to check their blood group and pass on this message to others, let’s return the complement to a guy who spends his life helping others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, cmsally said:

If there is a way to have blood donated in another city/town then please let everyone know. There was a good response not so long ago in Chiang mai for O neg.

Contact the nearest Red Crioss office, there are ones in most provincial capitals

But first check the "criteria" which are indeed bizarre and unnecessarily restrictive:

https://english.redcross.or.th/node/49

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, cmsally said:

If there is a way to have blood donated in another city/town then please let everyone know. There was a good response not so long ago in Chiang mai for O neg.

Second that. Also, would a hospital waive the normal requirements for a direct donation? UK citizens still cannot donate blood over here. 

• Confused 1

I'm volunteering for an organisation in Bangkok that helps certain nationals in emergency situations.

I've just sent them an email with all needed information to all members and hope that some of them might have the right blood type and donate blood ASAP.

Kind regards from Isaan and my best wishes to him. They'll get in touch with the given address.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Mostly due to living in the UK during the BSE years.

I'm O+ but they don't want it (not exactly rare anyway).

Me too and during the years they stipulate for living in UK I was totally vegetarian !! :wacko: