Drills

ouredd

Hi There,I wonder if anybody knows a place in Pattaya that will sharpen all my drill bits.Anytime I want to drill anything I usually have to buy a new Drill bit.

I have a box of about 40 assorted drills and would love to get them all sharpened. Thanks

Have a word with your local metal bashing / machine shop, but with the price of new drills I'm not sure it would be cost effective.

Alternatively learn how to do it yourself, it's not rocket science although I gave up with the drill-sharpeners and just do them by eye on my bench grinder.

11 minutes ago, ouredd said:

Thanks for the reply,I'm a mechanic to trade and we used to sharpen all our drills on the bench grinder but I was hoping somebody knew some shop that would do it

You would likely do a better job yourself ???? 

Get a cheapo 6" bench grinder and never have a blunt drill ever again ????

I actually find it quite therapeutic going through the bits that have been hacked by the (not so) handyman. He can never work out why the bits in the box are invariably sharp (even the ones he snapped off, they just got shorter), I mean, a stupid farang could never do anything so clever (he probably thinks I keep buying new ones).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Thai neighbour spent three full days drilling holes with a hand held drill .

After three days I wondered why he was drilling so many holes , so I went next door to have a look .

He was using a hand held drill to remove all the tiles from the bathroom , five days it took him to remove all the tiles using the drill .

Using a hammer and bolster would have taken an hour or two to get the job done  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Using a hammer and bolster would have taken an hour or two to get the job done  

Ever seen what happens when the man has a bolster bit in an SDS hammer drill in drill mode? I have, sadly there's no video :whistling: