The week that was in Thailand news: Howzat! Rooster hits out at YouTwitFace....and scores 200 not out!

rooster59

11 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Reminds me of old black & white westerns, where the phrase 'Iron Horse' was used by the Indians (not the TAT type).

That wasn't lost on me. I see you left that stinging comment to near the end.

That's so you got the "point"!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

With respect you shouldnt be doing anything other than operating the vehicle.

55 years ago I started driving old pick up truck 3 on the tree 1 handed so my right arm was free to hold my GF of course here with all the crazy drivers I do have to concentrate more but I still only use 1 hand unless I'm in traffic or passing and still drive better than 90% of the Thai drivers ( even driving on the wrong side of the road lol ????)

• Sad 2

On 1/25/2020 at 7:09 PM, Jane Dough said:

Yes, Samui Bodoh, and the Thais know what the English are like.

That's why they call us "phuu dee angrit" - English gentlemen.

Be back later, must jet off to Blighty to get some shirts made at Savile Row. 

Toodlepip, old chap, don't wait up.

Rooster

Tut tut... shirts are predominately made in Jermyn Street and suits in savile row.

15 hours ago, Fred white said:

55 years ago I started driving old pick up truck 3 on the tree 1 handed so my right arm was free to hold my GF of course here with all the crazy drivers I do have to concentrate more but I still only use 1 hand unless I'm in traffic or passing and still drive better than 90% of the Thai drivers ( even driving on the wrong side of the road lol ????)

So driving in Thailand you have learnt  to change  hands?????

• Haha 1

On 1/25/2020 at 5:00 PM, rooster59 said:

YouTwitFaceThai has a nice ring to it though one must stress most are foreigners, or at least appear to be.

Thanks, Rooster, that so well describes so many here and their comments (on multiple subjects).  I've been here 22 years and I've learned that people cannot be generalized nor are they stereotypical.  I really enjoyed your article.

On 1/26/2020 at 5:33 PM, sambum said:

I have given your post a "Like" and 99% of what you state is indeed fact. 

However, might I be so bold as to mention that Canada , Australia, and new Zealand, are in fact "countRies", not "counties"?

Yes well spotted I need a new proof reader as the one I've got now absolutely sucks.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

7 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

It makes almost perfect sense if you were born within the sound of Bow Bells. 

My finger and thumb was. 

Rooster

I was going to say in the smoke without a good bread bap you might end up lost and hank, pick the wrong frog and end up brown bread.

16 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

You lost me there...I'm more mockney than cockney.

Rooster

Mockney 

Bread bap    map.

Hank Marven   starvin'

Frog    frog and toad    road

Brown bread    dead.

????????.

Got a cockney mate here and we do make up all sorts about it. Bernie Basset   Allsorts.

Admit it gets a bit stupid at times.

What about about  who have come to Thailand on and off for over 30 years ( some 45 years ) , for periods of 2 weeks to 4 or 5 months , and that give their opinions in bars , on TV etc ? Do you consider them to be Youtwitfaces ? I was in that category until spending 6 years in Thailand , so I'm out of the YTW group . 

I find the opinions of these long term regular visitors ( LTRVs ) interesting . They often notice changes that I miss , and some of them become significant over time .