Pattaya: Death and carnage after police drug chase - we followed procedures, say police

rooster59

7 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

We don't care about the guy who was being chased;
if the cops had shot in a front tire he would not have lost control of his vehicle which would have stopped without injuring other people.

"if the cops had shot in a front tire he would not have lost control".

How do you know that?  You're not seriously trying to say that front end blow-outs never cause loss of control, are you?

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

hat front end blow-outs never cause loss of control,

Don't make me say what I didn't write ..
Never is a word to use delicately.

I wrote that if a front tire explodes it is rare that you lose control of your vehicle with four or more wheels.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:
4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats not correct.

A flat front tire does not cause loss of steering control; the rim of the flat or burst tire will leave two trails in the roadway and the vehicle will stop very quickly

There's more to loss of control than steering issues, braking for instance.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:
18 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

hat front end blow-outs never cause loss of control,

Don't make me say what I didn't write ..
Never is a word to use delicately.

I wrote that if a front tire explodes it is rare that you lose control of your vehicle with four or more wheels.

You don't need me to "say what you didn't write", you did that yourself. You didn't use the word "rare", unless you're just editing your posts now.  Here's two very specific claims of yours and neither uses "rare", or "rarely", or anything similar!

"... if the cops had shot in a front tire he would not have lost control of his vehicle"

"... A flat front tire does not cause loss of steering control"

Edited by Just Weird
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A rear tire was shot out of the fleeing pick-up that careered off the road into two of the victims before smashing into a convenience store in Moo 8. Other damage had been caused moments earlier as the chase proceeded through crowded streets.

It may have started away from a busy area... but the chased perused it into a built up area and ended very badly !!!

If those are the procedures maybe they need tweaking a little!

8 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

We don't care about the guy who was being chased;
if the cops had shot in a front tire he would not have lost control of his vehicle which would have stopped without injuring other people.

Should have shot the driver in the back of the head that would have solved everything.

Edited by VocalNeal

7 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

A flat front tire does not cause loss of steering control; the rim of the flat or burst tire will leave two trails in the roadway and the vehicle will stop very quickly

I beg to differ, I watched a car take a corner at speed with no tyre left on a front wheel... the driver hit the curb hard and nearly rolled before driving another 200 yards when driver and passenger decamped and ran, and they were not even being followed by the police, (this was in the UK).

• Like 1

ROYAL thai police your procedures are WRONG then. DOH ! just as your training for accident road lane change that killed people, how many more of the public must die bcoz of your pure incompetence, and you and your kids with guns running around, in restaurants etc have quite possibility killed more than any crims.

On 1/25/2020 at 6:55 PM, rooster59 said:

Police have provided help and assistance to the dead and injured and their families and further help would be made available though official channels. 

Exactly how do you provide help and assistance to the dead?

13 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The people who got killed or injured by him did, given the opportunity.

Front tyres aren't accessible when chasing from behind.  It wan't too well a planned sting, or insufficient resources to box him in. 

I was thinking the same, a sting would have involved being able to close off the roads and box him in, plus the guy must have easily worked out it was a sting, police in plain sight no doubt, haircut gives em away.

16 hours ago, glennb6 said:

geez, give the cops a decent drone with camera and let them tail the car until it stops where they can capture it without endangering others. they'll love the new toy they can play with and it may just work.

Just give them a few more years to get all the wires out of the way.