Close the borders to Chinese Arrivals before it is too late!

Chrysaora

Infected people are arriving from China, should they close the borders to the Chinese?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I dont do hyperthetical "what ifs". 

What if it keeps going up?

The graph is four days.  

Source: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html?fbclid=IwAR2CY5jFGa_Xl3d0BKAARqrW0RPh0FygFNHilpPq6V8fNuVz9bzSTh5J5EU#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Screenshot of ScreenFloat (1-25-20, 20-21-00).png

Edited by Chrysaora

Just now, Chrysaora said:

I'm not a tourist.  You?

No, but if you cant resolve a problem you remove yourself from it.

You cant resolve it, have no control over it, have no voice here, so you either take reasonable precautions or leave.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

No, but if you cant resolve a problem you remove yourself from it.

You cant resolve it, have no control over it, have no voice here, so you either take reasonable precautions or leave.

You seem to enjoy limiting your options.  Not for me.

But good luck with that stance, let me know how it works out for you.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Of course Thailand currently has a love affair with the Chinese tourist. Never mind, we must have tourist revenue.... and risk dying as a consequence. What price tourism?

Thats exactly the Chinese way to do it.
They will be accepting the death of ????? people just to keep the tourist Baht rolling in.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

I see, so according to you, although some water entered through the top hatch of the conning tower (submarine) we should not bother closing or sealing it as we dive. 

We should drown.

Does that sum it up?

Man, water doesn't multiply. The virus will, there are already 5 known cases in Thailand, therefore you can be certain that there are probably dozens of infected people. Way too late to close borders.

• Like 1

Just now, Momofarang said:

Man, water doesn't multiply. The virus will, there are already 5 known cases in Thailand, therefore you can be certain that there are probably dozens of infected people. Way too late to close borders.

Again, what you say makes no sense.  How about Bangkok (in your way of looking at things) become a sister city to Wuhan and invite all the sick people here as refugees.  Good idea?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

Ain't Thailand great?  If you did that in the nanny states, they'd own your hotel after the discrimination lawsuits.

<OT>
Well, Thailand ain't great.
But you're right. Especially if he had done that in Germany the next night the militant communists (so called Antifa) would have burnt down his hotel.
Those morons don't need a lawsuit, a few gallons of gasoline are sufficient.
</OT>

Edited by Peterbilt

47 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

It's ALREADY too late.

Here are a couple of things (obviously this is about SARS, which is 1 protein different from current Wuhan corona virus, so probably same things apply):

- SARS can survive up to 6 hours in human faeces, up to 4 days in diarrhoea

- SARS showed only minimal reduction when kept in sub-zero temperature (like a fridge)

- SARS could be effectively killed by disinfectants like chlorine bleach, within 5 minutes

- SARS could also be killed by UV light, where 264 nm was especially effective, killing off viruses in seconds

Ok, tomorrow I start my day boiling bleach for my coffee and picking up the order a dozen mosquito killers and germ killers to hang up on the wall.

Aircon is set on the max minimum settings and the brown bean jar back on the shelf this has to wait and brown bread on the table.

I am safe.