Close the borders to Chinese Arrivals before it is too late!

Chrysaora

Infected people are arriving from China, should they close the borders to the Chinese?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Metropolitian said:

Ok, tomorrow I start my day boiling bleach for my coffee and picking up the order a dozen mosquito killers and germ killers to hang up on the wall.

Aircon is set on the max minimum settings and the brown bean jar back on the shelf this has to wait and brown bread on the table.

I am safe.

Until you go shopping.

seriously avoid chinese people  i agree with hotels closing their doors

Avoid non essential visits to hospitals

limit your exposure this seems more out out of control than SARS

Thais will ignore for money thats 100%

And yes if there was pandemic that broke out here in thailand i would leave  family and my beloved dogs behind

self preservation springs to mind here

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, daveAustin said:

More chance of dying from regular flu or being run over.

Your proposal would only work if the Chinese stopped their people flying, but as already pointed out, it would be too late anyway.

What's this lockdown of 14 cities I read about?

1 hour ago, Chrysaora said:

I see, so according to you, although some water entered through the top hatch of the conning tower (submarine) we should not bother closing or sealing it as we dive. 

We should drown.

Does that sum it up?

This comparison shows you really have no idea about the spreading of viruses. 

Unfortunately opinions like yours, based on lack of knowledge, are found all over and contribute to the at the moment unnecessary panic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

Ok, tomorrow I start my day boiling bleach for my coffee and picking up the order a dozen mosquito killers and germ killers to hang up on the wall.

Aircon is set on the max minimum settings and the brown bean jar back on the shelf this has to wait and brown bread on the table.

I am safe.

That wasn't for you! It was just stating that it's possible to kill the virus, and how long it can survive outside body, so if authorities bothered to google it up they could come up with a plan how to prevent spreading of it at areas like airports and other public places. Don't understand the rest of your babbling about mosquito killers and aircon settings etc. Are you OK? Or affected by high fever already?

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

This comparison shows you really have no idea about the spreading of viruses. 

Unfortunately opinions like yours, based on lack of knowledge, are found all over and contribute to the at the moment unnecessary panic.

Your reply speaks volumes.  

Thanks for showing us all what you are about.

1 hour ago, saengd said:

Closing stable door after horse has bolted.

That is true but is there no advantage in slowing the rate of infection? Wouldn't that lessen the strain on Thai medical emergency workers and hospitals?

The Chinese certainly can't close the door, but they are shutting down tourist areas.

"Chinese tourism continues to be impacted by the spread of the virus.

Beijing is set to suspend all tour groups businesses, even outbound tours, from Monday, according to Global Times. It follows the closure of Shanghai’s Disneyland, and popular Sanya City shutting down all tourist sites."

https://www.theguardian.com/science/live/2020/jan/25/coronavirus-china-death-tolls-rises-to-41-as-france-confirms-three-cases

• Like 2

Just now, Roy Baht said:

That is true but is there no advantage in slowing the rate of infection? Wouldn't that lessen the strain on Thai medical emergency workers and hospitals?

The Chinese certainly can't close the door, but they are shutting down tourist areas.

"Chinese tourism continues to be impacted by the spread of the virus.

Beijing is set to suspend all tour groups businesses, even outbound tours, from Monday, according to Global Times. It follows the closure of Shanghai’s Disneyland, and popular Sanya City shutting down all tourist sites."

https://www.theguardian.com/science/live/2020/jan/25/coronavirus-china-death-tolls-rises-to-41-as-france-confirms-three-cases

I am amazed that more than one of these .... think this way.  You eat shellfish at a local restaurant and have an immediate allergic reaction.  The .... on this board tell you to continue eating anyway, you already took a bite, so eat it all.

Insanity.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

Those cities total 40 million people. 

Do you read what you write before hitting the send button?

Was going to suggest just that.

You're contradicting yourself, fella. If they've stopped potential carriers by quarantining those cities, other than trolling esteemed members, just what is the point of your thread? 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

I am amazed that more than one of these .... think this way.  You eat shellfish at a local restaurant and have an immediate allergic reaction.  The .... on this board tell you to continue eating anyway, you already took a bite, so eat it all.

Insanity.

And with this comparison you again show your lack of knowledge on spreading of viruses.

The spread of a deadly new virus is accelerating, Chinese President Xi Jinping warned, after holding a special government meeting on the Lunar New Year public holiday.

The country is facing a "grave situation" Mr Xi told senior officials, according to state television.

The coronavirus has killed at least 41 people and infected almost 1,300 since its discovery in the city of Wuhan.

Travel restrictions have already hit several affected cities.

Someone should tell me the benefit to admitting Chinese at this point in history. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.chiangmainews.co.th/page/archives/1243673

Well it seems number 7 is in Chiang Mai at McCormick Hospital.

Sorry in Thai, couldn't find English.

Also another article says they have only just stopped flights from Wuhan to CM.

I have heard through friends that the Wuhan shutdown was known about before implementation, so many people just fled out in haste.

• Thanks 2