Birth in Thailand

tc77

On 1/26/2020 at 2:25 PM, stupidfarang said:

Maybe in the west but I know three cases where due to the women having a c section first time around the hospitals have said theyhad to have c section again, why I do not know, this is what has happen and thais do not ask normally why a doctor says this or that, Also a private hospital birth will cost 100,000 baht up and if she is outside of BKK then doctors in a smaller city most likly work in the goverment hospital and the private hospital so same doctor delivery. Just differant price. Can get a private roon at a goverment hospital which helps and not expensive

Not true. I paid 40,000 Baht in the private section of the Sriphat Hospital in CM.  Included was a 2 nights stay in a private room. My gf got back around 14,000 Baht from SS because she was working and therefore insured. They even paid 3 month maternity leave ( maybe half of her normal salary).

Edited by hanuman2543

On 1/26/2020 at 8:25 PM, stupidfarang said:

Maybe in the west but I know three cases where due to the women having a c section first time around the hospitals have said theyhad to have c section again, why I do not know,

It's outdated medical training, it was the same in the UK in the 1980s, but newer methods moved on from that.

Another one they like to try on is foreigner babies are too big to be delivered naturally by Thai ladies, complete BS of course.

On 1/26/2020 at 8:25 PM, stupidfarang said:

doctors in a smaller city most likly work in the goverment hospital and the private hospital so same doctor delivery.

Problem with your theory being, doctors rarely deliver babies in government hospitals, nearly all delivery by midwife.

There's a doctor supervising the ward, but 10-20 babies all coming out at the same time.

It even says, "Delivery by nurse" on my kid's birth certificate.

Edited by BritManToo