I need another 90 days

I need another 90 days, but my US passport only has three unused visas pages and they're scattered throughout the book (not facing pages).  I have a NON-IMM O MULTIPLE.  Usually we just run to Vientiane, stay a few days and come back.  Will they let me in this time?  If I exit and can't enter Lao will I have trouble getting back into Thailand?  Do I need some prior reentry authorization?  I've never done that in the past.  

I read where somebody said they got the Lao visa in this situation with a little extra cash to one of the expediting services in Nong Khai.  What other options might there be?  Can I fly to Penang, KL or Singapore?  I'd really like to avoid airports and planes given the Coronavirus concerns.

My stamp is good until February 15th.

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Where you based in Thailand. That's the key. Plenty of border runs depending where you are currently. 

USA citizen why not weekend relax in Singapore. 

Is that a joke about health concerns. 

Best fly direct usa do not pass go.

Near Khon Kaen.  Vientiane/Nong Khai is closest.

What's there to do in Singapore?  I was there in 2012, but it didn't exactly look like a vacation spot.

Common sense tells me to avoid Asian airports right now.  The risks will be better understood in a week or two.  Right now I don't think any cases have their origin outside of China.  I don't believe any information coming out of China.

I'm pretty sure there are no direct flights to the US from BKK.  The closet would be London or Paris.  I like going through Vienna.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 4:24 PM, ubonjoe said:

It was started a few months ago. 

That worked out great.  Had a short wait in the same line where you usually wait for the VOA.  And then it came out the other window a bit faster than the normal VOA wait.  I paid an extra 1USD for Saturday service.  Just a small sticker and a stamp on a page where my Laos entry and exits stamps were from last year - didn't even lose a page in my passport.

The passport lines were only a few people, but quite a few Thai and Lao with border passes.  No Chinese anywhere in Laos.  Only saw one Chinese license plate the whole time and hotels were empty.  Chinese tourism in Laos is clearly down due to the Coronavirus situation.  I thought I'd write a post about the impressions of the whole trip.  I suppose this isn't the forum for that.

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1