Thai Population and us residents

bloody tiger

G'day folks,

I am curious to know if those of us who are on visa extensions are included when population statistics are released.
I have been visiting this wondrous land for just shy of 40 years and have lived here non stop now for the last 14 years on non imm O visa extension. 

I imagine there is many similar across the kingdom, maybe in excess of a million, but yet not classified as permanent residents even though we are probably the very definition of permanent.

On 1/25/2020 at 11:37 PM, bloody tiger said:

maybe in excess of a million

Very much less than that and as far as I know, (less than 200,000 of which less than 100,000 are retirees) we are part of the demographic.

Most foreigners living here are from other SE countries.

2 hours ago, HHTel said:

Very much less than that and as far as I know, (less than 200,000 of which less than 100,000 are retirees) we are part of the demographic.

Most foreigners living here are from other SE countries.

Unless you are chinese, your 'we' if you mean 'Europeans' then you are about right.

31 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Better call it westerners. That will at least include the US and Australia/NZ. 

I prefer to call us foreigners. I am one from Europe, as person I am classified as 'Farang'.

Australia and New Zealand is 'Pacific' in the list.

The US is only a country in the Americas.

Most Thais won't call Mexicans (same as with Indians, Africans, and all the other non caucasians) westerners.

Natives of Australia and NZ are not westerners. Westerners can hold the nationality.

Once one call them self 'native'  to those countries, they ought to be westerner-off but still identified as farang by Thais.

Edited by Metropolitian