Jump to content
BANGKOK
bbi1

TM30 - how to register if owner refuses?

Recommended Posts

I'm a METV holder. I'm currently back in my home country but will be moving in with the gf who is renting from her cousin. No rental contract between themselves as they are family. Gf told her cousin that I need to be registered for doing extensions are immigration and asked her cousin for a copy of cousin's housebook & ID card so I can register myself on the immigration site: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/FilterNoLogonServlet?nodeId=24&programId=FNHOTELREG. Cousin refused to do this. I don't understand what she's worried about.

 

How can I register myself? I don't see any way of doing it.

 

Someone mentioned it's possible to register myself as a tenant, but I don't have a rental contract as I'm not renting from the cousin. Is there a way of creating a fake rental contract to register on that website? But I think I still need a Thai ID card to register. What about using my gf's ID card with a fake rental contract between myself and the gf? Even though the gf doesn't own that condo at all.

 

Alternatively I'm still registered in Jomtien immigration as I was living there renting from a Thai landlord. Always did the 3 monthly TM30 and METV extensions there. Could I just go back to Jomtien to do another TM30 saying I just flew back in and am staying at the same Jomtien address and pretend I still live there and do METV extensions at Jomtien? Any way that Jomtien will link that there is a new tenant staying in the same property that I used to stay in?

Edited by bbi1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shortly prior to attending immigration stay in a hotel that files tm30. Ask them to give you photocopy of tm30. Some people have been doing this with success.

I understand the owners attitude. Most likely not declaring rent etc and then your on the scene. Best not rock the boat.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Shortly prior to attending immigration stay in a hotel that files tm30. Ask them to give you photocopy of tm30. Some people have been doing this with success.

I understand the owners attitude. Most likely not declaring rent etc and then your on the scene. Best not rock the boat.

 

Doesn't the hotel just enter those details through their computer into the immigration portal directly? If so, how can a hotel provide me a copy of that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP, your GF should be able to register for the online system as the housemaster/possesor of the property, a copy of the house bluebook and GF ID would be enough. 

 

Immigration act

“House Master” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever 

 

 

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, your GF should be able to register for the online system as the housemaster/possesor of the property, a copy of the house bluebook and GF ID would be enough. 

 

Immigration act

“House Master” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever 

 

 

Even if the GF's housebook is not registered in BKK but in registered in her hometown where she was born (many hours away)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, your GF should be able to register for the online system as the housemaster/possesor of the property, a copy of the house bluebook and GF ID would be enough. 

 

Immigration act

“House Master” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever 

 

 

not if the owner will not help by providing any docs. i would think the GF will not be in the house book, Thais are often in a book far away from where they are living

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bbi1 said:

Even if the GF's housebook is not registered in BKK but in registered in her hometown where she was born (many hours away)?

Its the blue book for the house you are staying in, not the blue book for where your GF is registered. Its pretty straight forward, they want a document to identify the property and an ID to identify the person registering for the online system. 

 

When you are filling in the online system it specifically says what document to attach, it asks for property bluebook (or chanote) and the persons ID (Thai ID or passport), it doesnt ask for lease documents,the blue book where the person may be registered etc.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, steve187 said:

not if the owner will not help by providing any docs. i would think the GF will not be in the house book, Thais are often in a book far away from where they are living

Yes thats right, but the online system just wants the blue book to identify the property, not to look at who is registered in it .

 

The online system wants the unique number from the BB.

 

Yes, if the owner will not provide any documents to do with the property then it would be hard to register, at the end of the day even the Thai GF will need some documents for the property just to get services like medicial, internet, elec, own a car.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Its the blue book for the house you are staying in, not the blue book for where your GF is registered. Its pretty straight forward, they want a document to identify the property and an ID to identify the person registering for the online system. 

 

When you are filling in the online system it specifically says what document to attach, it asks for property bluebook (or chanote) and the persons ID (Thai ID or passport), it doesnt ask for lease documents,the blue book where the person may be registered etc.

 

 

That's the problem. The cousin who's the owner of the condo doesn't want to give her blue house book or her ID card. The gf's house book is not registered in BKK, it's registered in her hometown with her parents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, steve187 said:

not if the owner will not help by providing any docs. i would think the GF will not be in the house book, Thais are often in a book far away from where they are living

Exactly correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP,this is what the online registration asks for

 

 

Capture.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to bother with TM30 if you're on a METV.

If you don't extend it in Thailand, nobody cares.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, if the owner will not provide any documents to do with the property then it would be hard to register, at the end of the day even the Thai GF will need some documents for the property just to get services like internet, elec.

The Thai GF had no issues in getting internet connected to the condo room in her name. Didn't need any blue book or other documents to connect a fresh internet installation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

No need to bother with TM30 if you're on a METV.

If you don't extend it in Thailand, nobody cares.

I do need to extend always, that's why I've gotta sort this out. Bloody hell immigration makes life incredibly hard with all this nonsense crappp!

Edited by bbi1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I do need to extend always, that's why I've gotta sort this out. Bloody hell immigration makes life incredibly hard with all this nonsense crappp!

the only benefit of any extension will be a 30 day extension on the final entry, this can be gained by a VE border run, or a overnight stay in a hotel ( one that does tm30 reporting ) the night before the extension, or get a friend to do the tm30 for their house/apartment etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...