BANGKOK
bbi1

TM30 - how to register if owner refuses?

23 minutes ago, crazygreg44 said:

I never wrote that a blue housebook is associated with the person.  If a possessor is the owner of the property, the blue housebook still is - in perfect & correct English - "the possessor's blue housebook". 

Even if the blue housebook itself is associated with the property only 🙂 it still "belongs" to the owner, making it a "possessor's blue housebook"

I would have never thought that some day or the other, I would start giving English language lessons in the ThaiVisa Forum . . .

I think you will find there is a distinction between the owner and the possessor. The possessor is not the owner, its anyone other than the owner. Thats why they make the distinction owner, house master OR possessor.

The TM30 form reads as follows 

NOTIFICATION FROM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE. WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED.

In the legal sense possessor means

pos·ses·sor
/pəˈzesər/
noun

• LAW
      a person who takes, occupies, or holds something without necessarily having ownership, or as distinguished from the owner.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bbi1 said:

I do need to extend always, that's why I've gotta sort this out. Bloody hell immigration makes life incredibly hard with all this nonsense crappp!

Rent a cheap hotel for a week, get the extension when you're there.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Rent a cheap hotel for a week, get the extension when you're there.

Why a week. Reports of folk check in for one night prior to attend imm with success.

21 hours ago, bbi1 said:

I do need to extend always, that's why I've gotta sort this out. Bloody hell immigration makes life incredibly hard with all this nonsense crappp!

not immigration its the cousin making it difficult

• Like 2

My question is:

Has the OP actually gone to extend a METV at Chaengwattana and been asked for the TM-30??

Unless it has changed VERY recently, tourist visas do not require TM-30.

Been using them for years and have never been asked for TM30, when getting an extension at CW.

Tell your GF to leave the unit and get a unit with proper doc. That may scare her cousin for losing rent and she may be willing to give the doc. If not, just move out. It is not that hard. It is in your control.