Coronavirus epdiemic seen impacting Thai economy

50 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Yesterday, one of my Thai friends posted a dozen videos or so or what is actually happening in China, with dead and collapsed people on the streets and hospitals and offices and bus terminals. It is far worse than they are making it out to be.

AND YET.

Thais are more concerned with getting their money and putting other Thais at risk . Lunatics

Where can one find the actual videos....  

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Yesterday, one of my Thai friends posted a dozen videos or so or what is actually happening in China, with dead and collapsed people on the streets and hospitals and offices and bus terminals. It is far worse than they are making it out to be.

AND YET.

Thais are more concerned with getting their money and putting other Thais at risk . Lunatics

Some Thais !

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The coronavirus epidemic in China and other Asian countries will be a key factor in affecting the Chinese economy and also Thailand this week and maybe the next, experts said.

Any excuse comes in handy, none of you are responsible for the decline in the economy, it's always the others!
You are a mass of spoiled and whining children!

• Like 1

My profound concerns for Thailand and her People are that the true realities of the effects of the coronavirus, which was apparently intentionally disgracefully and incompetently mismanaged by the Chinese Government's Top Leadership, will cause world travelers to not visit Thailand.  It is a near certainty that pending reservations are already being altered to curtail any visits here from western countries.  On the one hand the throngs of Chinese 'holiday travelers' were being welcomed for the potential opportunity to help Thailand's tourism industry, economy, etc., but the apparent dangers of importing human carriers of the new epidemic to the Kingdom have not yet apparently been realized.  One can reasonably predict that the downturn in international tourism to Thailand, other than Chinese revelers, will take a spiral of proportions few can imagine.  I so hope I am completely wrong; and that the wonderful People of this beautiful country will not suffer needlessly. 

• Sad 1

Who pays for sick people's hospital Bill's?  I hope  it turns out  to be s dude but the real news  I gathered from many social  media sources  is very grim.  Even possible this was a level 4 facility leak.  The first case was Dec 1.  No official  admission until December 31.  50- 70 mil in lockdown.

RO of 2+, death rate of 4%-?, super spreaders observed, human to human confirmed, 39 healthy male succumbed, asymptomatic carriers. 

Some claiming the death toll is of by a factor of 10+.  This could get ugly.  

6 hours ago, manhood said:

For this government money comes first! The people of Thailand aren't that important!

When look back then think this goverment is less a money come first then the previous administrations.

The real solution would be a quratine of 40 days and stip all traveling around the world

40 days is not long and will stop the spreading.

Since no goverment issues this to protect the citizens. All govemrment are money fist on some more then the other.

Chinese totally lock down areas and give in this a good example.

Quarantoe comes form the italian number 40.

In the past they already found out lock down for 40 days and that what surives also has the solution inside the body.

And probably we add some days to it because of the incibation time so make it 60 days and all is solved.

• Confused 1

After the coronavirus all we need now is a huge drop in the rupee and it will be a clean sweep for the TAT. Farangs alienated, Chinese diseased and not allowed to travel and Indians too poor to come. Maybe there are some untapped tourists markets in Africa they can focus on as they clutch at the last few straws?

Edited by SteveK

Interesting Reuters article with headline: Public anger grows over coronavirus in Thailand, with eight cases of the illness. 

"three months of reduced travel from China would result in 50 billion baht ($1.52 billion) of lost tourism revenue"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-thailand/public-anger-grows-over-coronavirus-in-thailand-with-eight-cases-of-the-illness-idUSKBN1ZP0GF

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2020 at 10:56 AM, RichardColeman said:

AND YET.

Interesting, as I also saw a similar video posted on my Facebook page (from outside Thailand). It was unbelievable to see people (all wearing face masks) collapsed in the street, shops and bus stations being carried away on stretchers by the Chinese Medical authorities.