Jump to content
BANGKOK
rooster59

No foolproof way to detect coronavirus infected people

Recommended Posts

No foolproof way to detect coronavirus infected people

By THE NATION

 

800_3ceaaa04216c859.png

 

Thai people have been warned to be on high alert for the Wuhan coronavirus as there was no perfect screening procedure to detect infected people as of now, Prof Teerawat Hemachuta, the head of Health Science Centre of Emerging Diseases at Chulalongkorn Hospital, said on Friday (January 24).

 

 

“Patient screening presently is at the highest monitoring level” he said. “However if people are infected by the virus, it will take a few days before they show symptoms such as fever. An infected person can pass screening if they are in the undetected period of the disease.”

 

The coronavirus spreads easily through breath and secretion. The people most at risk are those working in airports and medical staff who screen patients.

 

The coronavirus causes severe pneumonia like the 2009 flu pandemic. Presently, researchers are developing a vaccine against the disease.

 

Teerawat suggested that people protect themselves from the disease by eating cooked food, using a fork and spoon and washing the hands regularly. Besides, he advised people to wear a medical mask when they are in crowded places.

 

In addition, he said the Department of Disease Control’s director-general and Food and Drug Administration’s secretary-general had discussed recently the preparation of an antiretroviral drug to tackle the situation created by the coronavirus.

 

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381046

 

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But it's okay to have food openly exposed in malls and bakeries everywhere? One sneeze and it's all contaminated.

Edited by Youlike
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Preferably your own

Yep, dont share

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Asians never wash their hands after going to the toilet

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you dont have a full face mask its not sufficient, nor is washing hands with regular soap...carrying your own spoon isnt as good as not eating out where youve no idea about the plates,kitchen hygiene, state of staff etc.

 

IF hes going to give advice he should be advising stay away from crowded places, public toilets, wet markets etc, do not travel if you feel unwell, eat at home, sterilise plates properly etc not just in warm water, use rubbing alcohol...these are standard viral precautions.

 

Not quite a moron but this doctor clearly has little clue about viral infection prevention steps. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, englishoak said:

If you dont have a full face mask its not sufficient, nor is washing hands with regular soap...carrying your own spoon isnt as good as not eating out where youve no idea about the plates,kitchen hygiene, state of staff etc.

 

IF hes going to give advice he should be advising stay away from crowded places, public toilets, wet markets etc, do not travel if you feel unwell, eat at home, sterilise plates properly etc not just in warm water, use rubbing alcohol...these are standard viral precautions.

 

Not quite a moron but this doctor clearly has little clue about viral infection prevention steps. 

he's just trying to help slow the panic from going viral - it's about all he can really do... 

 

getting trampled in rush out, by the panic stampede; gets it over with more quickly

Edited by tifino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tifino said:

he's just trying to help slow the panic from going viral

 - it's about all he can really do... 

 

I know but at least give proper information if giving an interview as THE Thai professional expert 

Edited by englishoak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Asians never wash their hands after going to the toilet

 

and there was only that ..

Have you ever seen a toilet or even a simple sink to wash your hands before eating in this so-called "great street food" that the whole world admires about Thailand? :wacko:

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder what the result would be of just one infected tourist having a fun night out at e.g. Nana Plaza......?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard they've developed a very clever device that's able to detect Corona viruses. Only 50 million Baht....

images (22).jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...