Thai airport says still limiting virus scans as 7th patient reported

rooster59

Useless feckwits!

Because of Thai govt response and wrong priorities I am going back to uk early. Can't trust them. Not only will people cancel their plans to travel here. Those here will think about leaving when tourist money and an insufficient response is so typical!

Edited by twix38
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Yes.  25 million people are being isolated in their cities.

Can you imagine how much whining and moaning would happen if YOUR government did this back in YOUR Old Country? ????

yes! - but by this stage; you would likely be Coughing, and Frothing

2 hours ago, robertson468 said:

If these numties just listen to the news they would know there are at least 10 Chinese Cities on lock-down.  Again, incompetant decisions by those who have their priorities totally wrong!

You had better add the UK, US, Australia and Italy just to mention a few, to your list of numties as they are only screening passengers from Wuzan

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StevieAus said:

You had better add the UK, US, Australia and Italy just to mention a few, to your list of numties as they are only screening passengers from Wuzan

and Not even those who drove the 800 odd, to Depart from Beijing etc

8 minutes ago, twix38 said:

Useless feckwits!

Because of Thai govt response and wrong priorities I am going back to uk early. Can't trust them. Not only will people cancel their plans to travel here. Those here will think about leaving when tourist money and an insufficient response is so typical!

Be sure to buy a box of face masks and wear them because according to media reports the UK government are only screening passengers from flights from Wuhan

PS

I have no plans to leave lived here for years and love the place

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Interesting advice...

"No unprotected contact with live wild or farm animals"

BS. Why all animals? 

There is no evidence yet to show that it comes through contact with normal varieties of animals.

The chinese said it came from markets with illegal animals.

Its probably likely that this came from bats again.

They have bats and rats, monkeys and many other exotic animals they sell for eating and they are live.

I dont like to post pictures on here because some are so disgusting.

Think for yourself.

Precisely who is it that we should avoid unprotected contact with?

3 minutes ago, jojothai said:

Its probably likely that this came from bats again.

I think it's been agreed that it came from bats.  The SARS virus is said to have jumped from bats to civet cats.  MERS on the other hand came from camels.

5 minutes ago, HHTel said:

I don't think I've ever seen such hysteria.  This virus is far less severe than SARS which had a 14% mortality rate. 

You need to check the history of what happened in SARS. It was almost under control until the doctor took it to hong kong and it spread to become such a problem.

They have reported already that a doctor treating the problem has died. I have not seen his age or state of health published yet.

This should be considered very seriously outside china, precisely because of the risk of what happened in SARS.

5 hours ago, Rawnthai said:

It only makes “cents”, less money to skim if they create a scare.  It is affecting tourism. I have family considering canceling a trip here in February.

But if they do nothing at all it will ruin Thailands reputation even more, the Indians don't want to come to Chinese tourist Thailand and any smart person should do the same....Thailand is not protecting us here, they only care for money....

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

Be sure to buy a box of face masks and wear them because according to media reports the UK government are only screening passengers from flights from Wuhan

They wont be busy then, since ALL flights from Wuhan have been cancelled a few days already

1 hour ago, Gerald Smith said:

I’ve read this 10 times and and it just does not make sense to me. Chinese dead in the streets and in bus terminals???? Is this a fact or someone trying to be funny about a pretty serious situation?

There are some terrifying videos coming out of China right now. Many are on twitter. People collapsing in the streets, at the station, in hospitals, doctors collapsing, nurses and doctors having mental breakdowns due to the magnitude of what’s happening, groups in bio hazard suits everywhere taking people away from apartment buildings and airports in bubbles and quarantine boxes. Some real crazy stuff. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, dcnx said:

There are some terrifying videos coming out of China right now. Many are on twitter. People collapsing in the streets, at the station, in hospitals, doctors collapsing, nurses and doctors having mental breakdowns due to the magnitude of what’s happening, groups in bio hazard suits everywhere taking people away from apartment buildings and airports in bubbles and quarantine boxes. Some real crazy stuff. 

If there is any truth in this, then they may have to shutdown or more rigidly  censor the internet to stop this from being shown as a much bigger crisis. Lockdown of major city areas should already give you some idea how serious it may already be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KOZMO said:

MAKES NO SENSE, SCREEN ALL CHINESE OR OTHERS COMING FROM CHINA !!!

screening may catch people with a high fever but it wont catch those who show no signs yet may still have the virus,the incubation period is 5 days and during this period unsuspecting carriers can pass on the virus.

from https://www.reddit.com

wow, what an amazing coincidence. 

In 2015, the Pirbright Institute filed a patent for a live attenuated coronavirus to be used in the production of vaccines. The Pirbright Institute is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and recently received $5.5 million dollars to do what they do. They were "coincidentally chosen" to create the vaccine behind this current outbreak.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I was wondering how many people are considering the same to cancel their bookings? and people just give it a miss and not travel

China is also suspending from Monday all foreign trips by Chinese holiday tour groups, state media reported.

1 hour ago, StevieAus said:

If you read the article further it states that the Thai authorities are awaiting information in relation to which additional cities from which passengers affected by the virus may be traveling and presumably need to be screened.

Don't let the facts spoil your Sunday Thai bashing though.

I lived and worked in Hong Kong during and long after SARS. Nearly 300 people died there and one of the aftermath criticisms of the then administration was their slow early response and lack of early preventive action. It's a fact. Not hearsay

15 minutes ago, Conno said:

Who knows what the real statistics are but so far China's official numbers sound to me very much like the same face saving mindset that showed itself after the Chernobyl disaster. Officialdom very rarely tells the truth, especially in countries where "The State" can never be seen to look weak.

Chernobyl came to my mind too. Common factor? Commies.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1