Defence at Senate trial says ousting Trump would be 'massive interference' in election

rooster59

3 minutes ago, J Town said:

No. If Trump goes, Pence will be right behind him as he's been implicated just as much as 45. Next in line is Nancy Pelosi.

I do think Pence would be revealed to be impeachable himself, but in the unlikely event of 45 removal I can't imagine an attempt at that as then there really could be an argument that it's about ideology and policy. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes and if he was to be removed, we get Pence, arguably much more right wing than 45. This isn't about ideology or policy. It's about his high crimes and misdemeanors.

I've been saying all along the one (1) positive about DT is he is not an idealist.  Recall GOP primary candidate Rubio hammering away about the conservative thing to do, or Paul Ryan going on with his Ayn Rand interpretations: to hell with wrong vs right, it's about orthodoxy with these guys.  Pence is indeed scary, I could see him (or rather, his people) coming up with a Mid-East policy that has to do with propelling millenialism .  For those who are unfamiliar with this stuff I recommend this book (not to be confused with movies and books with similar titles) about the strange connection between way-out US Christian cults, biblical predictions, and politics.  Unfortunately the book may be out of print.

On the other hand DT is so off the wall his minions won't do some of the stuff he tells them to.  Who can say how many of his mad proclamations have been averted by staff members quietly ignoring him.

Edited by bendejo

9 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

They were trying to get rid of him the day he was elected

Go back to the 2016 campaign, the great minds of the GOP declaring that Hillary Clinton should be impeached on the day she is inaugurated.  Brilliant!

• Like 1

EUREKA! Remember all you politicans according to Republicans best year to break the law is in an election year because it will stuff up elections, if you are caught and punished. Can't have that  so commit the crime and we will forget it rather than effect the elections.Great Republican logic.

• Like 1