Never leave the lab without checking your HIV test results.

Momofarang

5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

It seems rather odd you saying that about another man - when you could have quite easily have picked up HIV yourself and be infecting others before your test results came in - along with your wife - who hopefully is seeing a decent man and about to leave you

This hypothetical man wanted to know his status and may have walked away happily thinking he was negative. I, like him, want to know my status, I don't negate the 1 in 5000 or 1 in 10000 chance to get infected whenever I take I risk.

2 hours ago, Momofarang said:

I am a married guy, with a lovely family leaving somewhere in Issan.  Having low risk prostate cancer I have to go 3 times a year to Bangkok to check whether the status of my cancer must be upgraded or not.

So, I let you guess what I am doing my free time during those three days? Yes, you are right, I am boombooming my head out. And inevitably and every single trip, I “bump” into some  young girl who happily omits to require the condom.

So, what you really do is cheat on your wife and family and blame it on that you have cancer. After that you engage in unprotected sex, and even if you test yourself will have a possibility to transfer HIV to your wife. Looks to me that you are a real ar5e that in some kind of way are blaming your wife and family for your own problems.

You have two decent ways to deal with this. That is to tell your wife you will need to, and want to, have more sex before dying and then have it with her. The second one is to explain your urges and see if she can accept that or divorce and be free to live out the rest of your days as you wish. That´s how life works when you are showing respect to people. Nevermind, that´s probably an alien concept to you anyway.

Also, disregarding your stupid and evil way of treating your family, I am sincerely sorry to hear about your cancer.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

So, what you really do is cheat on your wife and family and blame it on that you have cancer. After that you engage in unprotected sex, and even if you test yourself will have a possibility to transfer HIV to your wife. Looks to me that you are a real ar5e that in some kind of way are blaming your wife and family for your own problems.

You have two decent ways to deal with this. That is to tell your wife you will need to, and want to, have more sex before dying and then have it with her. The second one is to explain your urges and see if she can accept that or divorce and be free to live out the rest of your days as you wish. That´s how life works when you are showing respect to people. Nevermind, that´s probably an alien concept to you anyway.

Also, disregarding your stupid and evil way of treating your family, I am sincerely sorry to hear about your cancer.

Was missing your post Mate, very helpful thanks.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Momofarang said:

I test every time I go to Bangkok. But they let me check the Lab computer record, it was negative.

Like said before, that proves only that they can't find anything at that moment. It takes time to develop, you can spread it to your wife easily. You are acting pretty irresponsible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momofarang said:

Sorry mate but that's Buffalo Excrement.

Sheryl is right in that you MAY catch HIV the first time you have sex with an HIV infected partner. But the actual probabilities are ranging from 1 in 1000 to 1 in 2000, for insertive vaginal sex. Now if one in Five working girls are HIV positive than the total risk is 1 in 5000 to 1 in 10000. There are always two way to look probabilities. You see quite honestly I don't know if I put my family more at risk when I take them for a 100km drive on Thai roads or when I bareback a young girl from Nana Plaza.

What a BS excuse.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Amazing seeing the judgements made by posters to this thread.

The morality brigade sure mustered all its forces.

I am not condoning the OP behaviour in any way shape or form, that is not for me to do, but the rush to judgement by so many is astounding.

When I think initally the thread was about checking your test results before leaving a clinic

Doing the same?

The Bangkok Red Cross is best for testing, they are strict with you checking your code with the blood sample sticker. Also they are cheap at 200 baht, Syphilis 80 baht. They only give you a printed copy of results if you ask so it's worth a check for reason the Op stated.

I also take PrEP

Edited by scubascuba3

36 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Thanks, but this is a Prostate cancer that is unlikely to affect my life expectancy. And for a while at least neither will it affect my sex life.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, FritsSikkink said:

Doing the same?

Oh a rush to judgement. 

I try to keep an open mind and be less judgemental of others behaviours, especially when I have no knowledge of them or their life.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The Bangkok Red Cross is best for testing, they are strict with you checking your code with the blood sample sticker. Also they are cheap at 200 baht, Syphilis 80 baht.

I also take PrEP

I might go there, but they are a bit out of the way and have longer queues.

1 minute ago, Momofarang said:

I might go there, but they are a bit out of the way and have longer queues.

Well, yes it can take a few hours to go through the process of testing and getting the PrEP. Consider taking PrEP if you are barebacking regularly. It's about 500 baht a month including testing. You can get 4 months worth

you don't trust a 'positive' from a dodgy clinic.  it doesn't make sense, cause you've only been having unprotected sex with hookers, so obviously they must have made a misteak.

you do trust a 'negative' from a dodgy clinic.  it does make sense, cause you've only been having unprotected sex with hookers, and after all, they couldn't make a misteak with something so important.

couple of points 

On your return to clinic why would the doctor think the information provided to you was not correct before looking at the lab results.

Would the lab keep a copy of test results especially negative 

If the lab made an error in its administrative procedures in providing the written results why would you be confident about the recording of test results onto the computer.

• Confused 1

Who said such c..p? I went back because  they asked me to wait for the results to address the situation of a positive tests. Since they let me go without seeing a doctor again, when I so the positive I rightly assumed it could be clerical error, so I went back to check. Is this to difficult to comprehend?

I stay factual but my patience is running thin...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

couple of points 

On your return to clinic why would the doctor think the information provided to you was not correct before looking at the lab results.

Would the lab keep a copy of test results especially negative 

If the lab made an error in its administrative procedures in providing the written results why would you be confident about the recording of test results onto the computer.

They had the record, I saw it and I had no reason to doubt what she called up in a matter of seconds. My assumption is that they have automated gear as most labs have, what is missing is the direct certificate printing. And why shouldn't I trust them once they had admitted a clerical error and the whole staff being apologetic. They where genuinely embarrassed. I do not believe one second they would have told me "ok you are negative" if they hadn't been certain I wasn't. Further, they gave me a "negative" certificate, think of the legal implications.

Edited by Momofarang
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Good for you.

I have read it also provides some protection for anyone receiving anal sex.

Yes it's highly effective for gay guys hence the drop in infection rates in the UK. I take it for sex with women.

Many old fellas don't seem to bother using condoms or get tested but of course won't admit it on here

4 hours ago, Ventenio said:

being an adulterous husband and putting the health of your wife at risk while limiting your lifespan and hindering your children, while having your kids to not trust the sanctity of marriage?????  

sure, lovely

Must be great for you to feel so perfectly faultless, eh?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So many holier-than-thou, indignant comments here from so many moralistics who have apparently been here for some time and have "never" done the same bareback thing.  Frankly, it's not very believable.

Some people who have made remarks such as those (not necessarily those particular posters on this thread, of course) hook up with a brass and then decide after a couple of occasions that it's ok to drop the protection that they may have used until then because she is then his girlfriend and will be safe!

3 hours ago, Momofarang said:

Was missing your post Mate, very helpful thanks.

That comment sums you up quite well as a person who doesn´t even take it in when explained and talked straight to, and just continue to think about yourself with disregard to other people.

2 hours ago, Momofarang said:

Thanks, but this is a Prostate cancer that is unlikely to affect my life expectancy. And for a while at least neither will it affect my sex life.

Yeah, Ok that makes it even more bad. I am sorry to hear that.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

That comment sums you up quite well as a person who doesn´t even take it in when explained and talked straight to, and just continue to think about yourself with disregard to other people.

Yeah, Ok that makes it even more bad. I am sorry to hear that.

There are still very many sex tourists here. Obviously they don't care or do not have to care anymore about anything. I always remember a guy sitting in the Central Mall here in Pattaya - while his Thai wife was shopping he looked on Tinder for new pleasures.

Just recently a guy walked up the stairs in my condo complex. The conversation was "Have you been ever here before? On the photos you look very different." This might happen if you order on the Internet...

But what I am really wondering is that TAT still wants to sell Pattaya as a family resort. Perhaps this is the wrong strategy because Pattaya has so many other things to offer - at least for a certain tourist group. And very many new sex bars can't be overlooked. Not sure if they are for families.