Never leave the lab without checking your HIV test results.

Momofarang

3 hours ago, Momofarang said:

I don't negate the 1 in 5000 or 1 in 10000 chance to get infected whenever I take I risk.

The chances are actually 1 in 2500 , BUT, if the female has recently become infected (within the last three months), that probability goes to 1 in 50

27 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

They know the risks.

Most i meet don't know the risks, girls don't talk about it to each other. Where in Pattaya can they get generic PrEP free or at a low cost?

I sometimes talk to girls about PrEP and they've never heard of it. Their knowledge on STIs etc is generally very poor

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

If that was the case, he could just have said he went to a clinic and was given a false result

which they checked and corrected on further inspection.

He didn't need to mention his loving family or make the excuse of having cancer being the

reason he was indulging in unprotected sex with girls who he has no idea about regarding

their sexual health.

I do not know, but perhaps he wanted to put the situation, his reaction and the hopefully neg result into context.

We have all justified unacceptable behaviours to walk away from guilt I guess, but rushing to judgement achieves nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

So many holier-than-thou, indignant comments here from so many moralistics who have apparently been here for some time and have "never" done the same bareback thing.  Frankly, it's not very believable

I don't think the so called "moralists" here would have a problem with the o.p.'s way of doing if he wasn't married. 

• Haha 1

So i guess alot of us here has cheated sometimes somehow. But to go and have unprotected sex with a prostitute and then  with your wife/ gf afterwards is totally respectless and discousting how little you value other people. In Thailand they dont test you for Mykoplasma or Trichomonas with has same bieffects as Chlamydia and Ghonorhea. The chance that your dick is now dripping with green is 99% and also that your wife got it. So i would like to know how you gonna fix that..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Momofarang said:

What bothers me now, that if I got a false positive it is quite likely that someone somewhere could have a false negative and carry on unwittingly infecting other people. If I had bothered opening my envelope at the counter before leaving this could have been avoided. Also in the past I got test results sent by email, what would I have done if I had gotten a “positive” back home in Issan, food for thought, isn’t?

I can match that.

My misses was preggers (tummy already swelling), went to the hospital for the test, they said not pregnant.

I said she's either pregnant or has cancer, do it again, they refused, I got a bit shouty.

So eventually they agree to test her again, but still state I'm wasting their time.

Next result, she's pregnant, sorry, our lab tech entered the results in the wrong patient files.

Somewhere out there was a woman they told was pregnant, that wasn't.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Normal for prostitutes, not for ladies.

You're wrong.

Thais generally view sex as entertainment, there are no morality issues in Buddhism, if nobody finds out, it never happened. Applies to Thai men and women, married and unmarried.

As for ladies,

Does anyone think Lady Di was faithful?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

If you run short of Zythromax and Cefixime, just ask for some Mahdikfeloff.  Mix it 1/3 with 1/3 Lao Kao and 1/3 Red Bull.  Fix you right up, it will.

He'd be better off sticking with a 'lamb shank!'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

You're wrong.

Thais generally view sex as entertainment, there are no morality issues in Buddhism, if nobody finds out, it never happened. Applies to Thai men and women, married and unmarried.

As for ladies,

Does anyone think Lady Di was faithful?

Maybe for the Thai in your environment, not in mine.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Momofarang said:

Further, they gave me a "negative" certificate, think of the legal implications.

LOL! in Thailand!

But your thread is not completely useless. I learned a valuable lesson that if the lab scares you with wrong results you get 3 free certificates. 

I am gob smacked!

Did it occur to you that girls who do not insist on a condom are possibly high risk themselves? Personally I wouldnt even get a raw BJ or even kiss the girl to ensure the contact was as risk free as possible. If you keep this up you are heading towards getting bad news at some point and wreaking havoc on the lives of your family. Perhaps a high and continued dose of common sense needs prescribing in your case.

• Like 1

Be interesting to pinpoint the glitch that resulted in you getting a false positive.  Seems like a clerical error but would be nice to have peace of mind as to exactly what happened.

Youre right about transmission chances from a single instance.  About 0.08% as a catcher and 0.04% as pitcher.  Anal is much higher (about 1.4% as catcher, half that as pitcher).  HIV is in the main a gay male disease for that reason.   The girls you are going with are probably sleeping with 50 or more guys each month, so their chance is greatly increased beyond yours.

Lots of hysteria about the chances which don't take these facts in to account.  Probably best to leave your "World's Best Husband" t-shirt in the draw for a while.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You're wrong.

You’re wrong. Again. 100%

The Five Precepts are considered an important source of authority in Buddhism. The third Precept offers guidance on how to achieve a successful marriage. 'Do not engage in sexual misconduct', instructs Buddhists to be content within marriage and not to commit adultery as this will cause suffering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The OP only talks about HIV, which, admittedly is (unless your immune system already sucks) hard to contract from vaginal intercourse, but... There are other diseases that are just as devastating. HPV, Hepatitis B/C, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, etc. HPV can cause your wife cancer down there. Hepatitis B has a vaccine but if you get infected, there's no cure. Hepatitis C has a cure now but it is 75,000$ per shot, and requires several (this information may be 2 years out of date).

But the point was that only HIV screening, while some others have 1 in 3 chance of infection is putting your family in danger.

As mentioned about Thai Red Cross (HIV-NAT at Ratchadamri/Sarasin intersection), that is HIV research centre and they do have Thailand's best lab, even though they are basically a public service so their vampires aren't as good as you'd find in private hospitals and may leave looking like a serious drug addict if your veins aren't very visible - but that aside, they can detect infection after 2 weeks of it starting and do a confirmation test 3 months later.

I hope you knew that tests in other hospitals may not show positive until 3 months after infection, and that there is a threshold between negative or positive, not a 0 or a 1. So even someone 100% infected, on antiviral cocktail of drugs can test negative when lowering the virus count below threshold.

On 1/26/2020 at 8:58 AM, worgeordie said:

Will you still go on <deleted> about ,unprotected ?, or will

you have learnt a very valuable lesson.

regards Worgeordie

Preaching to those that survived the Apocalypse. Makes you feel superior but does nothing for the non-survivors. Not to worry, soon enough all will be at the only destination.

• Confused 1