Does an Agent Submiitted O-Conversion + Extension Happens at the same time

I have gathered for a self-submiited application it is a two step process. You apply for the conversion and get a 90-day permission to stay after approval. Within the last 30-day of your 90-day stay, you apply again to extend the O for one year..

My question is when an agent submits an O-conversion, does he also submit the extension together and does it happen at the same time? 

When an agent submits an O-conversion + extension is the process same? Does he apply for both at at the same time?  Actual experiences, not speculation, is appreciated. 

Edited by Vascoda

It is still a 2 step process when an agent does it since the non immigrant visa application has to approved by the division headquarters for where the office is located. 

Agents often tell people it 4 or 5 weeks to get both done and hold on to the passport until it is done.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is still a 2 step process when an agent does it since the non immigrant visa application has to approved by the division headquarters for where the office is located. 

Agents often tell people it 4 or 5 weeks to get both done and hold on to the passport until it is done.

If I understand the question, that is not my personal experience.

For me in Bangkok, both were done together at the same time on the same day immediately giving me 15 months. 

• Like 1

with the agent i know in bkk, it does happen at the same time but they have your passport for 3-4 weeks.  if you have the money in the bank and don't need the agent's assistance on that piece, it can be done quicker.  the agent i know in bkk, works with the jomtien office so some of that time is sending passport down there and getting it back to bkk.  you have to visit jomiten immigration once, the day of the initial application.  if you use the same agent the following year, no visits are required. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vascoda said:

My question is when an agent submits an O-conversion, does he also submit the extension together and does it happen at the same time? 

It depends on the agent and their arrangement with immigration.

If the application is going through normal channels it will be a two stage process. If the agent and IO are collaborating in some way then It’s possible to get the O visa and extension together.

I have a friend who did it and the extension stamp was actually for 15 months. So yes, it can, effectively. I might add this was not actually done via an agent though.

Edited by jacko45k