Coughing? Recommended Dr. in Bangkok?

Korat88

This is probably a direct question for Cheryl but as it may benefit others in future I thought may be better to ask here.

My wife used to work in a hair-dresser salon for many years and they sometimes used to use some quite strong chemicals to treat hair. That was many years ago but more recently she has started to cough quite a lot and she says it was down to her days in the salon catching-up on her. No blood in the mucus which at least is a good sign from my limited medical knowledge. I would like her to check to be safe and hence would appreciate knowing if there is any Dr. in particular in Bangkok who could take a look at her? Last night she was coughing quite a bit, enough to prevent us both getting a good night's sleep! Thank you.

Sounds like it is more chronic than acute.

The first thing to check for which a cough of many weeks duration is  TB.

If she is Thai she should go to the government hospital where she is registered under the 30 baht scheme.

Only if TB is ruled out and the problem persists without clear diagnosis would would suggest taking further steps in which case come back here...the further steps being expensive and sometimes invasive.

• Like 1

Thank you bkk6060 and Sheryl. As this has been a long term issue she had already been to the Korat branch of Bangkok Hospital and they have said there isn't anything of concern both times. I was just inquiring as I hoped there was someone on Cheryl's list of doctors who would be able to have a look with me in the vicinity (wasn't there during her previous visits) and provide another opinion. She has been in Korat for the last two weeks and returned to BKK yesterday. She is not in contact with any tourists in Korat as she pretty much stays at home and just pops down to the market every now and again.

She said X-ray and chest examination. They gave her an inhaler with a small container of Berodual in it. She thinks I am making more of this than necessary!

Thank you for the link Sheryl!

Edited by Korat88
Added thanks

24 minutes ago, Korat88 said:

She said X-ray and chest examination. They gave her an inhaler with a small container of Berodual in it. She thinks I am making more of this than necessary!

Sounds like you are nice and a caring person.

Hope she is feeling better soon.

• Like 1