How's your ole bag experience

Chazar

22 minutes ago, impulse said:

And there's the key....  The truck.  Which the vast majority of the locals can't afford.  So it's another regulation that discriminates against the poor...

Supported, in large part, by people it doesn't adversely affect.  The ones who can afford a car or truck.

What??  That's a stretch even for TV.  So a plastic bag ban is discriminatory against people who can't afford trucks.  It's truckist!   You know the truck free people are free to pack their shopping bags and take them home in exactly the same manner as they did before?  Or can you not shop now unless you have a truck?

Strange logic you have.

9 hours ago, samsensam said:

or carry your own as people do very effectively in many other countries, and i am able to to do with very little effort here. it's amazing what a bit of 'can do' thinking/attitude can achieve

Why? I never throw the bags out they are used for my trash. So now I have to buy plastic bags, so zero less bags being used or wasted. I am sure am not the only one.

Addres the problem, do not use them as single use and get the majority of products in the store to not sell their products in plastic.

On 1/27/2020 at 11:43 AM, inThailand said:

Bought some cold drinks from Tesco. The cashier could see I can't carry all of them. She put them in a brown paper bag and it disintegrated before I got home. Worthless.

Bring back the plastic bags for those customers who request and need them. 

Not a freakin chance, live with it.

• Like 1

Haven't been back to Tesco,HomePro or Market Village.  Since they stopped giving out bags. 7-11 still give out bags so the things like milk I buy there. There are enough Thai grocery stores and markets that have all I need. Plus I save money due to the fact the thai stores and markets are much cheaper.