Automatic Coin Counter

patekatek

I have been putting my pocket change in a container for the past few years and now have quite a collection of coins.

I would like to know if any Thai Visa members know of any banks that have coin counters that can add up my collection.  I assume a small fee might be added for this service, if it exists.

Thanks!

Edited by patekatek

So essentially you want to borrow their coin counter. Not sure any bank would let you use their machine if they use them. Ever noticed how money changers don't accept coins now. 

This is 2020 ...  give the coins to a charity,  it will be really appreciated. 

I have a can almost full, i'm giving it to the local tambon for a school.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, samsensam said:

banks have, or should have, scales; sort the money by denomination, bag it up and the bank cashier will weigh the bag/s and tell you the value. easy. in theory.

At Kasikorn Central Westgate the first time I brought in about 2 thousand baht....the girl counted evert satang ...took about 40 minutes. She then told me to count it next time and label the bags (I separate different denominations). last month I brought in 1600 baht...she looked at the labels and asked her manager who told her she had to count every satang...40 minutes later....

As I was leaving...she offered this tip in a whisper tone (the SCB bank in the same mall had a coin counting machine)...

29 minutes ago, tonray said:

At Kasikorn Central Westgate the first time I brought in about 2 thousand baht....the girl counted evert satang ...took about 40 minutes. She then told me to count it next time and label the bags (I separate different denominations). last month I brought in 1600 baht...she looked at the labels and asked her manager who told her she had to count every satang...40 minutes later....

As I was leaving...she offered this tip in a whisper tone (the SCB bank in the same mall had a coin counting machine)...

The bank had to pay her for the 40 mins of counting your coins and you probably made people wait in line. I would have refused your coins if I was the teller.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, lust said:

The bank had to pay her for the 40 mins of counting your coins and you probably made people wait in line. I would have refused your coins if I was the teller.

Refused.....ha ha..that's a laugh...it's a bank...I'm a customer and it's legal tender....they can't refuse a deposit.....some of these comments are out there

33 minutes ago, tonray said:

Refused.....ha ha..that's a laugh...it's a bank...I'm a customer and it's legal tender....they can't refuse a deposit.....some of these comments are out there

You brought in rolled coins of course, correct?