BANGKOK
bluesky1234577

Retirement Visa insurance only 13 companies?

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

TT, Before I entered the country on my pre Oct 31, 2019, issued OA, there was a rash of issues which had cropped up with immigration.  As such I obtained the form and tried to get my State of California Blue Cross provider to sign the form so I could return to the Los Angeles consulate and ensure they notated my visa as having insurance, which at the time issued was not required yet.  Blue Cross would not sign the certificate as there was no way to get to director signatures, and only gave me a copy of my regular policy certificate.  The consulate indicated that this would not work for my O-A Visa, but I should not have any issues on arrival in Thailand, as my Visa was prior to the October 31, 2019 date.

In essence I was told that my HI carrier in the U.S. would not work.  However, I do have a policy with Pacific Cross, and they did place a note in the immigration data base as such.  However it was not needed as I went through arrival with only a few extra minutes spent as the IO looked at my Visa, and I think my immigration history.  

Not sure if that helps.  I do remember someone claiming their German Insurer signed the form for them to use. 

When I read that insurance certificate form, to me it asking for two printed "Director" names and only one signature. 

14 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

When I read that insurance certificate form, to me it asking for two printed "Director" names and only one signature. 

I wish that was true, but even then, no one wanted to sign the form not knowing how they would be affected in a foreign country based upon a cabinet resolution which did not pertain to them.

• Thanks 1