Proper Disposal of Old/Expired Drugs?

JaiMaai

11 minutes ago, JaiMaai said:

correctly disposed of

Not happening here.

But what I do is keep everything in a pot and take it the next visit to the hospital and deposit it by giving it to the nurse.

They -should- handle it as chemical waste then.

Thats the most 'correctly' we can do I could think of.

2 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

I recall asking a doctor at BNH how I should dispose of my insulin needles once. "Throw them in the rubbish" was his answer. He was definite that that hospital had no publicly accessible means of disposal

Exactly my point with answering 'Not happening here'  as reply on ' correctly disposed of '.

Daily needles here too, for grandpa. And a bunch of expired meds.

I take it to Ramathibodi where they do have separate 'chemical waste bins'.

I don't know what they do with that but I have then done my part in the best I can do.

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Are you able to return them to the local pharmacist?

Some here they accepted some of the old meds, but did not want the bag full of ampuls and 'needles'.

Same for the local doctor, but I noticed the bag old meds it was thrown in the office bin beside the desk.

57 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

Some here they accepted some of the old meds, but did not want the bag full of ampuls and 'needles'.

Do you place the used needles and syrringes in a hard sided containers for disposal, things like plastic drink contaoners, if you cannot get yellow contaminated disposal bins locally?

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Do you place the used needles and syrringes in a hard sided containers for disposal, things like plastic drink contaoners, if you cannot get yellow contaminated disposal bins locally?

Yes, I use cookie containers.

Those with the lid on the top and a 'window' on the front.

15502.thumb.jpg.b08d7474555df225441c0a61c5394755.jpg

On 1/26/2020 at 8:38 PM, RJRS1301 said:

Yes - and when full I take them to my next First World destination and dispose of them at needle collection points there. Very useful too if searched at Customs - "Sorry, used needles may be loose in the suitcase"