BANGKOK
orchidfan

Latest nonsense at P.Thani IO for Marriage Extension

4 minutes ago, Monomial said:

Interesting to hear they have now upped the fee to 2000 baht. It is supposed to be free, of course. It was only 1000 baht when I did it in November.

I hope you didn't hand over 1000 baht for the home visit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Monomial said:

Sadly I did. It's not worth the fight.  I know...I'm a collaborator. Just not worth the frustration to fight it.

Well as long as you got your extension, I see where you're coming from. 2000 though is crazy.

3 minutes ago, Monomial said:

Sadly I did. It's not worth the fight.  I know...I'm a collaborator. Just not worth the frustration to fight it.

I guess if we'd been willing to wait for the "within 2 weeks" for the home visit, then no baht. But we had to push them for an expedited visit....hence  B2k.

I didn't play this,  wifey did.😅

A video of what you went through would be interesting. These days it isn’t difficult to do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tgeezer said:

Only if they were doing something that they wouldn’t want revealed. 

The list would be too long!

Playing on mobile phones would be number two to "tips".

1 minute ago, orchidfan said:

The list would be too long!

Playing on mobile phones would be number two to "tips".

Or asking for things they shouldn't be asking for to annoy people, being incredibly slow and anal about certain tiny things. Sounds like it might make a good Panorama episode.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orchidfan said:

Home Visit : We asked for it in the next 2 days as wife was off overseas - can do, but B2000 fee!!

Three IO's arrive in a brand new BMW 2 days later.

I recently went through a stressful time doing my 4th marriage extension, but not to your level, Kor Ror 2 needed to be renewed and all bank statements copied, IO did that for us, when I asked him if this was a new thing, he said, no, he did it every year for me (grateful), and some other copies of some stuff while we rushed off to the local Amphur on a Friday afternoon at 4.00pm to get an updated Kor Ror 2 (never asked before), otherwise it would have been an hour 20 drive back to ours, then back on Monday, another hour 20 drive and then back home, again an hour and 20 drive.

We have only ever had them visit once, i.e. the very first marriage extension 4 years ago, cost 1,500 baht for petrol...lol, is this supposed to be an annual occurrence ?

The above said, these IO's have always been good, busy, but smile and persevere, they don't like their jobs, who would with the amount of <deleted> they have to put up with, you would think the top brass would make things easier, but nope, even with technology at their fingertips.

When I go back to get my passport stamped in the first week of February, some freshly made lamington's for the boys, and a small tip, only because they don't ask, i.e. unless I have stuffed up and the only way of me not having to drive back is by scanning something to them, or them visiting us, as I said was once.

If they were rude and obnoxious, well, no lamingtons for you 🙂

I don't live in the same Thailand as you ..:cheesy:
I already knew it since my province is in Isaan - Sakon Nakhon

When I arrive alone for my 90 days, it is rare that I spend more than 5 minutes in the immigration office unless one of the officers with whom I ride a mountain bike asks me where I have been riding since the last time that we were together; all this in Thai, of course.

For the renewal of my visa "thai wife '; it is of course with madam and a relatively thick file; yes, 2 cm it is about ca .. and it generally lasts 60 to 90 minutes;
in any case the "thai wife 'files are all sent to Khorat who processes them.
The renewal officially costs 1900 baht but they never have change on two 1,000 baht notes;
100 baht tip is really not much!
I will never be so reckless as to bring them the right sum!

We once had the visit of an immigration officer, a long time ago and since nothing ...
and he never asked us to reimburse his GO!

I think that rubbing shoulders with certain officers outside of their work and also speaking a little Thai should help.
I am very far from speaking this language fluently; I can read it, I don't write it.

• Confused 3