Visa Exemption to retirement?

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That makes it easy and is shown on the list. The option of transfers if you didn't have proof from your embassy is not shown is why I asked.

I have transfered alot more than requirement, but not sure if I did every month the required amount (monthly)

14 minutes ago, Tagged said:

I have transfered alot more than requirement, but not sure if I did every month the required amount (monthly)

You do not need proof of the transfers if you have proof of your income from you embassy.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not need proof of the transfers if you have proof of your income from you embassy.

Yes I know, but still, it correct you need minimum 65 000 a month transfer? Not 1 mill one transfer , right? 

16 hours ago, Tagged said:

Yes I know, but still, it correct you need minimum 65 000 a month transfer? Not 1 mill one transfer , right? 

You don't need to transfer 65k monthly. Your income letter from your embassy shows that your pension is at least 65k/month. You can transfer 45k/month to your bank account if you want. It's up to you. 

18 minutes ago, Tagged said:

I understand that, my question was, If I was to use bank transfer, it need to bee 65k every month, snd not 3 x 300k a year? 

I I transfered alot mor than the monthly required, but as said not monthly.

Per month needed.

Cannot as you suggest 3x300k if using monthly income method.

However if you have embassy letter you don't need show any transfers.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tagged said:

I understand that, my question was, If I was to use bank transfer, it need to bee 65k every month, snd not 3 x 300k a year? 

My country elimanted the Embassy letters. I was rejected because one month was one day late due to Bangkok Bank

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, Tagged said:

When using an income letter from an embassy, you don't need to think about monthly transfers. You can transfer any amount you want. Only people from the US,UK and Australia must transfer at least 65k monthly,because their embassies stopped issuing income letters January 1 2019. Understand? 

44 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

My country elimanted the Embassy letters. I was rejected because one month was one day late due to Bangkok Bank

One day late is no problem,unless that transfer arrived next month. Meaning, you did not have a transfer one month but two the month after.

I transfer $500USD/week. So some month it is 65K and some month it is less than 65K. When I am not here (6-month), the money accumulates. So far I have accumulated 300K. I asked an agent and he said, yes I can use it for extension. So out of 300K, 15K will go to agent and I also never submit any TM30 or do any 90-day reporting (Agent will do 90-day reporting if I stay more than 90-day consecutively). Agent said no problem. 

Edited by Vascoda

16 minutes ago, Vascoda said:

I transfer $500USD/week. So some month it is 65K and some month it is less than 65K. When I am not here (6-month), the money accumulates. So far I have accumulated 300K. I asked an agent and he said, yes I can use it for extension. So out of 300K, 15K will go to agent and I also never submit any TM30 or do any 90-day reporting (Agent will do 90-day reporting if I stay more than 90-day consecutively). Agent said no problem. 

Sorry but who cares. The OP was not asking advice regarding agents, unless I missed that.

Apparently you use one, yippi for you. It's a very overpriced service for simple process.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Sorry but who cares. The OP was not asking advice regarding agents, unless I missed that.

Apparently you use one, yippi for you. It's a very overpriced service for simple process.

Do you mean the immigration will accept my transfers without an agent? If so, fine. No discussion is required. I wanted to highlight that an agent can overcome complex situations.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vascoda said:

Do you mean the immigration will accept my transfers without an agent? If so, fine. No discussion is required. I wanted to highlight that an agent can overcome complex situations.

It's complex for some. Including you it would seem. 

Fact is OP asked simple question and has been given advice. 

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Many may care, hardly a simple process either! The reply was more informative than your anti agent dig.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Many may care, hardly a simple process either! The reply was more informative than your anti agent dig.

For heaven's sake. The op wants advice to move from visa exempt to non o. Obviously with intention to obtain extension of stay based on retirement.

Many threads of how to achieve this process using an agent. If intention was to use an agent then surely OP title could reflect that. 

We are, all in the main, aware agents can bypass the requirements.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vascoda said:

You mean bypass requirements. We all are aware of what agents can do with money provided. Same as bypass money in bank requirement for retirement extension.

Current thread asking if agent can bypass insurance requirement for extensions to non O-A. 

Hardly informative breaking news info.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

For heaven's sake. The op wants advice to move from visa exempt to non o. Obviously with intention to obtain extension of stay based on retirement.

Many threads of how to achieve this process using an agent. If intention was to use an agent then surely OP title could reflect that. 

We are, all in the main, aware agents can bypass the requirements.

You are aware, others may not be. And it’s not a simple process if you don’t have an Embassy letter, it’s far from it. Many readers use others posts to query their own predicament, so a who cares response is a bit unfair.

11 minutes ago, Olmate said:

You are aware, others may not be. And it’s not a simple process if you don’t have an Embassy letter, it’s far from it. Many readers use others posts to query their own predicament, so a who cares response is a bit unfair.

True. You have good point re "others having a read". Point taken.

The op has 1k posts. I get pi*** off when threads get sidetracked. Thinking OP well aware agent available. 

But you make good point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vascoda said:

The OP has an income letter from his embassy and doesn't need to transfer any certain sum. He can transfer as much or as little as he wants. He doesn't have any problem what so ever.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Then maybe you can check out other threads instead. The OP asked about an extension based on retirement using an income letter. What has that got to do with agents? 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 2:32 PM, ubonjoe said:

You can do it at Hua Hin immigration.

List of requirments is here. https://division1.immigration.go.th/download/1551323081128.pdf

How will you be proving your 65k baht income?

Got my embassy letter yesterday, and had to extend my visa exemption for another month at Blueport, and now going for the main office in Hua Hin. I was told yesterday, (maybe an misunderstanding?) I had to wait until 15 days left of mye visa extension before apply for my One year? And I have house book up north, do I need an adress where I do one year, or can I do wherever in Thailand, no regards where I live? The lady was very sure, so Im not sure now ???? 

39 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Got my embassy letter yesterday, and had to extend my visa exemption for another month at Blueport, and now going for the main office in Hua Hin. I was told yesterday, (maybe an misunderstanding?) I had to wait until 15 days left of my visa extension before apply for my One year? And I have house book up north, do I need an adress where I do one year, or can I do wherever in Thailand, no regards where I live? The lady was very sure, so Im not sure now ???? 

You cannot apply from a VisaExempt entry for a 'One Year' as you write.  You can apply for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa at the local IO of the place where you want to stay.  That has to be done at least 15 days (some offices require 21 days) BEFORE the permission to stay from your VisaExempt entry expires.  In the last month of the 90-day period from that Visa, you can then apply for a 1-year extension of stay.  Also be aware that the 1-year extension application has to be done at the SAME local IO where you applied for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa.

>> So the info you got that you had to wait till there were 15 days left before being able to apply is clearly wrong.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

You cannot apply from a VisaExempt entry for a 'One Year' as you write.  You can apply for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa at the local IO of the place where you want to stay.  That has to be done at least 15 days (some offices require 21 days) BEFORE the permission to stay from your VisaExempt entry expires.  In the last month of the 90-day period from that Visa, you can then apply for a 1-year extension of stay.  Also be aware that the 1-year extension application has to be done at the SAME local IO where you applied for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa.

>> So the info you got that you had to wait till there were 15 days left before being able to apply is clearly wrong.

Understood, As part of the process described here in the link below. 

https://division1.immigration.go.th/download/1551323081128.pdf