800k only deposited 5 weeks

I've been working as a teacher with a non immigrant B visa and work permit for nearly 20 years and it's soon time to retire. I was planning on switching to an extension of stay based on retirement with 800k in my Thai bank account, transferred from the UK. That money has just entered my account.

I was planning on leaving at the end of our summer camp on April 10th (the 800k then in the bank over 2 months) but I've just been told numbers for the camp are so small this year there will be no work for me after term ends on March 4th.

This leaves a gap of a few weeks before the two months are completed.

I have a good relationship with both the owner and the manager at my school so I'm thinking of asking them if I can stay 'employed' until the end of the summer camp, helping other teachers with materials, etc, just to stay on the books.

They might refuse though, having had a bad experience with another teacher, the school ended up getting fined 20,000 baht if I remember right.

If I have to leave on March 4th, yet the 2 months of deposit don't kick in till the end of March, what are my options, without going back to the UK?

Thanking any replies in advance.

In 2010, my situation paralleled yours, or perhaps yours might parallel mine. That was the year of the street war in Bangkok, and my school was in the "war zone". I left on vacation, came back, and was unable to return to my school, which would have been fruitless anyway, as it was completely closed with no one there. I left Thailand and came back in a week or two later on a tourist visa. After convincing "first level" and "second level" Immigration officials to show some leniency, I got refused at the "third level". 

I had had my B 800,000 in the bank for what was the requisite 3 mo. at that time.  They put me on an "O" visa, for what I think was either 60 or 90 days, and told me to come back within the last 30 (?) days to switch to Non-B (Retirement). I did, and have been on Extensions of same ever since.

An important note for you:  Immigration gave me a hard time, demanding to know where my B 800,000 had come from, with an unspoken allegation that I must have been engaged in some illegal activity. I produced 5 year's of past income tax returns, and told them in fluent Thai that I had been teaching here for fifteen years, which was the truth. This was enough to convince them that I had saved the B 800,000 from my work in Thailand.

15 minutes ago, allane said:

In 2010, my situation paralleled yours, or perhaps yours might parallel mine. That was the year of the street war in Bangkok, and my school was in the "war zone". I left on vacation, came back, and was unable to return to my school, which would have been fruitless anyway, as it was completely closed with no one there. I left Thailand and came back in a week or two later on a tourist visa. After convincing "first level" and "second level" Immigration officials to show some leniency, I got refused at the "third level". 

I had had my B 800,000 in the bank for what was the requisite 3 mo. at that time.  They put me on an "O" visa, for what I think was either 60 or 90 days, and told me to come back within the last 30 (?) days to switch to Non-B (Retirement). I did, and have been on Extensions of same ever since.

An important note for you:  Immigration gave me a hard time, demanding to know where my B 800,000 had come from, with an unspoken allegation that I must have been engaged in some illegal activity. I produced 5 year's of past income tax returns, and told them in fluent Thai that I had been teaching here for fifteen years, which was the truth. This was enough to convince them that I had saved the B 800,000 from my work in Thailand.

Isn't the 800,000 baht supposed to come from outside Thailand?

Mine was transferred from the UK, part of an inheritance.

Pro Tip:  To ensure correct information and the best course of action, many people on Thai Visa will agree that taking the advice of UbonJoe ... is a "sure thing."  Best of luck in the next portion of your life in The Kingdom!

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I recently paid back 10 years, class 2, for just 1500 pounds.

Class 2 are for self employed aren't they? And shouldn't you have to pay Class 4 as well? My class 3 ones are about 70 pounds a month and you get them for 12.50 a month ???