Will you change your behavior in anticipation of Coronavirus in Pattaya?

Jingthing

11 hours ago, VBF said:

I'm travelling from UK to Pattaya next week and the only added precautions i'm taking will be to avoid hordes of Chinese (don't care for Walking Street or shopping malls anyway!) and I've bought a couple of these which I shall use when travelling around - AND after the fingerprint scanner at the airport. 

Hand Gel.jpg

IMO the masks are useless for the reasons explained in previous posts and I believe that this 'flu is no more harmful than "regular" 'flu.

If I'm wrong...nice knowing you all. ????

I've stopped worrying having been well 'educated' in another thread. If you weren't worried about getting flu or a bad cold before you came here then I wouldn't worry now. That said you might find you have the place to yourself. She's waiting for you.....

Image result for sexy girl n95 mask

• Like 2

23 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

I will be avoiding all establishments that cater for mainland Chinese tourists. Easy for me as I hate Chinese food, never ride baht buses, don't do shopping malls, Walking Street, Bali Hai pier, never been inside King Power or the gem store on Pattaya Nua. I think that about covers it for me.

Very similar to me, with 1 exception.

I do not eat Chinese food, do not like it.Do not like shopping malls either although used to visit Central Marina on 2nd Road in the past. T21 I avoid.

Walking Street and Bali Hai, not been to either in years.

I do use baht buses though as I do not drive.

Probably cut down on them, most everything I could need is near walking distance to me fortunately.

Still go in 7/11s, a lot of Chinese in the one nearest to me at times though.

Edited by seasia

16 hours ago, VBF said:

I'm travelling from UK to Pattaya next week and the only added precautions i'm taking will be to avoid hordes of Chinese (don't care for Walking Street or shopping malls anyway!) and I've bought a couple of these which I shall use when travelling around - AND after the fingerprint scanner at the airport. 

Hand Gel.jpg

IMO the masks are useless for the reasons explained in previous posts and I believe that this 'flu is no more harmful than "regular" 'flu.

If I'm wrong...nice knowing you all. ????

How does this hand gel protect you when you are standing in front, or behind, or besides, an infected person at the immigration queue?

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Leaver said:

How does this hand gel protect you when you are standing in front, or behind, or besides, an infected person at the immigration queue?

I doesn't! What a ridiculous question!!

It (hopefully) cleans it off your HANDS after touching something that MAY have the virus on. EG....Fingerprint reader at the airport.

1 minute ago, VBF said:

I doesn't! What a ridiculous question!!

It (hopefully) cleans it off your HANDS after touching something that MAY have the virus on. EG....Fingerprint reader at the airport.

Sure, cleaning your hands is better than not cleaning your hands, but as it is an airborne microbe, it's the respiratory system that should be protected, or, safe distance from an infected person. 

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

Sure, cleaning your hands is better than not cleaning your hands, but as it is an airborne microbe, it's the respiratory system that should be protected, or, safe distance from an infected person. 

Indeed. Every little helps though. Especially if you had it on your hand from touching something infected in a public place then rubbed an itching eye or nose or handled food.

It's a minor inconvenience after all.

2 minutes ago, VBF said:

Indeed. Every little helps though. Especially if you had it on your hand from touching something infected in a public place then rubbed an itching eye or nose or handled food.

It's a minor inconvenience after all.

I wonder if the immigration officers are wearing gloves.  If not, you will have to wash your hands after every time you touch your passport.  ????

18 hours ago, mike787 said:

I have worked in both US, Canada, australian hospitals, and others, N95 is the standard we use to protect against TB and all airborne viruses.  This has been in force for decades...Just google it. But as with everything in life, i believe only in informed consent...everyone needs to make their own decision between them and their god. 

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/personal-protective-equipment-infection-control/masks-and-n95-respirators

Thanks, but, no offense, it’s difficult for me to take advice from someone who enters religion into this subject.

Anyway, the link you provided seems to confirm that wearing a mask is not specifically effective against virus.

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

This appears to be untrue. According to reports you are more likely to be infected by this virus by touching contaminated surfaces than by airborne contamination. Hand hygene is more important than wearing a face mask.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

This appears to be untrue. According to reports you are more likely to be infected by this virus by touching contaminated surfaces than by airborne contamination. Hand hygene is more important than wearing a face mask.

There's a lot of conflicting information out there at the moment.   

What about all the various products "Made in China."  They could have the virus on them.  You would be washing your hands after touching everything.   ????

Edited by Leaver

3 hours ago, nrasmussen said:

Thanks, but, no offense, it’s difficult for me to take advice from someone who enters religion into this subject.

Anyway, the link you provided seems to confirm that wearing a mask is not specifically effective against virus.

Excellent decision!  Good luck in your path...we all need to choose our own direction...and screw religion, it's not required to survive.

Edited by mike787

If I  was still living there I would avoid walking st and shopping malls but now back in the UK  and the government talks about when it's contained 

How can it be contained if several countries have already evacuated expats from Wuhan

ok as far as I know the UK will quarantine them for 2 weeks but what about other countries 

Surely the only way to contain it would keep everyone in the same place and if anyone needed special medication  take it to them

It seems the cat is out of the bag already

The missus has said she doesn't fancy going back to Thailand on an aircraft with a couple of hundred other people this year so it looks like a few UK holidays are on the cards

• Like 1

Has anyone been to a movie theater recently in Pattaya? I'm assuming they must already be much emptier than they would normally be in this season. A movie theater would be similar to an airplane as far as exposure risk. If some coughs or sneezes rows away you're in their path and there is no way their aircon system filters out viruses.