Thailand Scenic Routes

canerandagio

Hi, I travel a lot by motorbike and I have sometimes found 'Scenic Routes' marked by a blue roadsign similar to the one used for Department of Rural Roads.

Does anyone know if Scenic Routes (or Scenic Roads?) are an official entity, and there is therefore a finite number of them?

If so, where can I find a list of them?

Thanks in advance.

straydog

TAT is the department what cares for this kind of roads. So there is a scenic route from Hua Hin to the South, until Sawi. In fact thie soads are 'bicycle' roads.... this one fron HH to the South starts by: rd nr 3168-3159-3167-3169-3374-3357-........................ complete along the coast.... At the moment they are upgrading this scenic road announced as the 'Riviera Project' Buy a good map of Thailand and you will find all the numbers on it. I am also a fervent motor biker and use such a map in combination with a GPS.

On 1/26/2020 at 10:40 PM, canerandagio said:

Thanks, but this isn't exactly what I was looking for. I am looking for specific - officially recognised - scenic routes, which are marked by specific road signs, and for their official status and the department that cares for them.

This is thailand not the nanny state where you come from

• Like 2

On 1/26/2020 at 10:40 PM, canerandagio said:

Thanks, but this isn't exactly what I was looking for. I am looking for specific - officially recognised - scenic routes, which are marked by specific road signs, and for their official status and the department that cares for them.

As ubonr1971 wrote ,

it's up to you to take your hand and discover for yourself the most beautiful roads in Thailand ..
If you like the mountains, come in the northern provinces, forgetting the main routes as quickly as possible;

In the province of Chiang Rai, ride on the 1149 between Mae Sai and Mae Fa Luang, don't forget your passport because there is an army check point along the way;
Rd 1149 is one example among hundreds of others
There is the famous Chiang Mai - Chiang Mai loop passing through Pai, Soppong, Mae Hong Son (route 1095 & 108);
but there are many others, the 1234 which goes up to Mae Salong, a Chinese village where you will meet minorities (in addition to the Chinese who are now Thai ) ...

On 1/28/2020 at 3:13 PM, Assurancetourix said:

As ubonr1971 wrote ,

it's up to you to take your hand and discover for yourself the most beautiful roads in Thailand ..
If you like the mountains, come in the northern provinces, forgetting the main routes as quickly as possible;

In the province of Chiang Rai, ride on the 1149 between Mae Sai and Mae Fa Luang, don't forget your passport because there is an army check point along the way;
Rd 1149 is one example among hundreds of others
There is the famous Chiang Mai - Chiang Mai loop passing through Pai, Soppong, Mae Hong Son (route 1095 & 108);
but there are many others, the 1234 which goes up to Mae Salong, a Chinese village where you will meet minorities (in addition to the Chinese who are now Thai ) ...

Thanks. But I am afraid I am not a tourist. I am doing a study on Thailand officially recognised scenic routes, not on beautiful roads. ????

On 1/28/2020 at 10:32 AM, ubonr1971 said:

This is thailand not the nanny state where you come from

I don't know what you are talking about... you don't know which state I come from, and in Thailand there are marked scenic routes, same as in the nanny state where you come from, never mind, have a good day.