Public anger grows over coronavirus in Thailand, with eight cases of the illness

webfact

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

Go explain this to the Thai authorities while you are a farang;
they will laugh at you; a farang does not understand Thailand ..

Right, the incubation can go up to 14 days without any sign of anything, so no fever, no nausea, nothing,

Taking the temperature of arrivals is the same as cutting soft butter with string or putting a plaster on a wooden leg.
it is useless at all.

I hate to think of what the staff who have been working on all these flights from China must be going through, they must be worried sick (pardon the pun).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Micbozy said:

Why are they using forehead thermometers on ears?

I've also seen people attaching the forehead thermometer on the forehead to get the reading, the infrared forehead thermometer should be used as contact-less reader.

At least they're not using foreskin thermometers, yet!

3 hours ago, Chrysaora said:

They can all be contagious and not show one symptom.  

That's certainly a dead-end job.

Right, it can take up to 14 days to show symptoms.  So I guess we will not really know how many were infected this last weekend for another 2 weeks?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Micbozy said:

Why are they using forehead thermometers on ears?

I've also seen people attaching the forehead thermometer on the forehead to get the reading, the infrared forehead thermometer should be used as contact-less reader.

I've seen a dual use forehead and ear infrared thermometer. But to get an accurate reading on the ear, there is a cone shape insert that you are suppose to put inside the ear, not measure from outsiide like the picture.

These folks are really stupid, tit....

This CHINA VIRUS, let’s call it what it is, takes TWO WEEKS  to develop.

Thus, INFECTED people who’ve only recently acquired it can happily and unwittingly avoid detection with Temperature Scanning.

This means THOUSANDS of infected carriers can be roaming around and spreading the disease, leading  to a  PANDEMIC. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

If it reaches a point where public health is in danger, we will take (more) action," Anutin said, adding that the government would not prioritise tourism revenue over health.

like China does/did NO proactive measures implemented only reactive measures are (will be) on the way

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Elkski said:

So stupid.  He says our process is so good.  But  he also says 40 cases they missed  and showed up at hospital   on their own!!  How many contacts did each of those make before  seen at hospital?  Skytrain, taxi, hotel  staff,  restaurant  staff.  

Each properly infected around 2-3 people who then each infected 2-3 others and so on... We will soon see the real results.

Might be the reason China decided to go with the complete lockdowns.

"There have been no cases of human-to-human transmission in Thailand."

What a bulls*It to say this. How does this piece of human incompetence know that none of the 8 people have infected others in Thailand? There is by the way an incubation time. New cases can appear even after some were sent home.

This government is just incredibly incompetent with every day issues, and much more with emergency management. If the buffalo with sunglasses appoints his other guys based of favour and corruption instead of based on qualification the country enters a free fall in a case of emergency. We are falling already. 

Edited by P100
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chrysaora said:

Are you saying that all the confirmed cases got it from a non-human?

Where did it come from?

Lazada?

No, the sentence "There have been no cases of human-to-human transmission in Thailand" means that they contracted the virus it from sources outside of Thailand. All of them had been in Wuhan.

• Thanks 1

I know i shouldn't gloat but i find i'm getting that warm feeling in my heart that certain individuals are having large doses of well deserved karma shoved up their chuffs....... Little S^&%T Hakparn, the guy that caused so much trouble in Thailand through pure racist hatred is only a sentence away from a bullet and hopefully his ego will not stop his mouth, but unfortunately the people that allowed this to happen have now possibly inflicted disaster upon Thailand purely in the name of greed...... Isn't it strange though how the guy that caused so much trouble is now on the run, and the country that allowed him to do so is now on the ropes........  May i suggest a trip to the temple Mr PM and beg for forgiveness........  and if Hakparn spills the beans put him on a flight to Wuhan,,,,,,,,,one way !  

• Thanks 1