Public anger grows over coronavirus in Thailand, with eight cases of the illness

webfact

23 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Don't know who was Chinese almost everyone had masks on including me and a couple of girls also had swimming/diving goggles on for some bizarre reason ????

Yes very sensible to have goggles on didn't you have goggles on?
They will provide 100% protection from the virus can entering your system through your eyes.

• Like 1

As of 1 January 2020, the population of Thailand was estimated to be 69,131,183 people. 

Let's see, check my math...

8/69,131,183*100= 

% chance of getting Coronavirus, assuming equal chance.

Of course, we know that people who are alcoholic drug addicts who take other hard drugs (yes, alcohol is a hard drug) such as methamphetamine or opiods, eat a predominantly Western diet and don't exercise and don't get enough sleep at night are more susceptible to catching Coronavirus, because compromised immune system.

You Pataya Punters have every reason to be concerned and rightly so! ????

Edited by SiSePuede419
Corrected Autocorrection.
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

As of 1 January 2020, the population of Thailand was estimated to be 69,131,183 people. 

8/69,131,183*100= 

Of course, we know that people who are alcoholic drug addicts who take other hard drugs (yes, alcohol is a hard drug) such as methamphetamine or opiods, eat a predominantly Western diet and don't exeryor get enough sleep at night are more susceptible to catching Coronavirus, because compromised immune system.

You Pataya Punters have every reason to be concerned. ????

Did´nt you miss the 40+ million tourists?

2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Just got back from a rammed crammed CM IMO 90 day report 100s upon 100s there 2.5 hrs wait for a 10 second job full corona exposure grantee totally free????

yes I posted about this on another thread - I have to go soon and would rather not

90 day reporting should be suspended 

• Like 1

It's non-sensical To try and calculate the  potential damage that can be done to the citizens of this or any other country if the true extent of the disaster is being hidden by the Chinese.  I think our alarm bells should be going off if the Chinese close all their international airport and land borders.  I'll wait until then before I  lose any sleep.

3 hours ago, poohy said:

"Clucking bell" they cant even control the price of lottery tickets!

we are doomed!

Ah but that's different. 

80 baht. On the ticket. 

Plus reselling fee.

(Official agent to others)

Plus reselling fee.

(Others to street seller)

Oh don't forget the commission on prize collection too.

1 hour ago, SiSePuede419 said:

8/69,131,183*100= 

Of course, we know that people who are alcoholic drug addicts who take other hard drugs (yes, alcohol is a hard drug) such as methamphetamine or opiods, eat a predominantly Western diet and don't exercise and don't get enough sleep at night are more susceptible to catching Coronavirus, because compromised immune system.

You Pataya Punters have every reason to be concerned and rightly so! ????

what a totally silly statement. take sm more medecines dude.

10 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

TAT always thinks of revenue, before health or anything else for that matter, they will still welcome all the Chinese tourists, and not thinking of the long term consequences.... 

"Based on numbers during the SARS outbreak in 2003, three months of reduced travel from China would result in 50 billion baht (£1.2 billion) of lost tourism revenue, Minister of Tourism and Sports, Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn, said."

THAT'S the thing that worries TAT!

48 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

It go's fast now, in 20 hours there are 24 fatal cases more, now 80 cases plus 461 patients are in critical condition.

Incidentally, I got this from European newspapers.

There are over 2000 confirmed cases, 80 dead. 4000+ cases expected by tomorrow. 6000 the day after. 

China announced today they can’t control it or stop the spread.

But Thailand has it under control.

Imbeciles. All of them.

1 hour ago, Parsve said:

Did´nt you miss the 40+ million tourists?

OK, if you insist...

8/(69,131,183 + 44,444,444)*100=

% chance of getting Coronavirus, assuming equal risk.

Still afraid of Math? ????

Edited by SiSePuede419
Edited out extra characters

3 hours ago, ROGER DUNN said:

All countries should close their Doors to Stop More Cases coming in , or is Money more Important to. them ????

All other countries are... except these money obsessed Bstards.  It will come back to bite in a week with travel warnings from everyone else.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, khunpa said:

You should read up on viruses. It is not just a normal flu. It is a NEW virus!

If it was, do you really think that China would close down huge cities?

The Wumao MO is to deny until things can no longer be denied. Then, after finally admitting to the presence of a problem, downplay it ("It's just the flu"). When that stops working and reality starts to intrude, then you start to blame someone. Anyone. Will start with blaming local government officials. Will also blame foreigners ("the Americans did it"). Finally, with panic and things out of control, bring in the troops to smash everything ("it had to be done"). Hope this stops things from reaching the top and overthrowing the entire dirty system.

2 hours ago, Xbeemer said:

The most dangerous aspect of this virus is the spreading of fear and misinformation on social media  TV included. My Thai wife cannot tear herself away from Facebook, YouTube etc. I have to calm her down every few hours and reassure her it just the <deleted> flu. For healthy people it poses no significant risk of iminent death. All I get is a snort and her asking when we can go buy a mask  which is a useless preventative device. Wash your hands frequently, eat some chicken soup and continue on as normal. Getting run over by a car in Thailand poses a far greater risk. 

I think your wife understands Thailand and the dangers of spreading infection in a Third World country better than you do. You should listen to her.

It is so funny to see every Thai person wearing a mask now. But for months it has been polluted, no need for a mask. Up to 200 AQI Thai lungs naturally filter pm2.5.

Everyone here writes what the government should do and bla bla bla. Most of you have been in Thailand so long - you should know that nothing of that will happen and you should know they are laughing about all of us.

If it spreads, I am curious about future Immigration policies.

43 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

So this is how China plans to dominate the world?

Don't laugh. But imagine this scenario: Wonder if China already has a vaccine available and just waiting for this thing to spread?  Once outside China, the Chinese could then hold everyone for ransom, if they wanted to live. Meanwhile, China doesn't care if a few million of their own die. Might even welcome it. Remember, Wuhan has two labs linked to China's bio-warfare program.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, cerox said:

It is so funny to see every Thai person wearing a mask now. But for months it has been polluted, no need for a mask. Up to 200 AQI Thai lungs naturally filter pm2.5.

Quite correct!  The particles are filtered by their lungs as they never leave their lungs.  Think of your normal Thai as one big filter and sponge soaking up the pollution around them.  

3 minutes ago, cerox said:

If it spreads, I am curious about future Immigration policies.

Should worry yourself about emigrating, not immigrating. 

52 minutes ago, dcnx said:

There are over 2000 confirmed cases, 80 dead. 4000+ cases expected by tomorrow. 6000 the day after. 

It's not linear but exponential, so I'd guess 8k by tomorrow, 32k day after - depending on how fast they can process the diagnostics, which is a major bottleneck.

And ... https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6 certainly not real time, it hasn't budged in hours. I doubt doctors are willing to spend much time inputting data to the system, they got better things to do.