BANGKOK
webfact

Almost 7,000 people from Wuhan visited Thailand this month

Almost 7,000 people from Wuhan visited Thailand this month

By The Nation

800_82d9bb24256f334.jpg?v=1580023236

High-level sources in the tourism industry revealed that Chinese tourists made up almost 30 per cent of the foreign visitors passing through Don Mueang Airport every day.

Statistics of foreign passengers travelling to Thailand via Don Mueang showed that of the nearly 24,000 people every day, Chinese tourists, on average, accounted for nearly 7,500 people.

From January 3-24, there were 43 flights from Wuhan city which brought 6,982 people.

However, six flights of Thai AirAsia scheduled to fly to and from Wuhan city to Don Mueang and Phuket airports during January 23-28 have all been cancelled.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381081

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-27

7000 visits, and then they go by more airplanes and busses domestic traveling, walking around, restaurants and hotels. Chiang Mai and Bangkok could fall very fast. I was at the airport mall yesterday and it was literally 30% Chinese there from the bus loads trucked in. Not exaggerating, but me and Mrs. had masks on, and 60% of the people did as well, but this is no real barrier for protection.

Biggest thing is the Chinese have come out and said that it is fully contagious during its incubation stage where SARS was not. OUCH!

So they could potentially infect lets just say 10% of an aircraft, and maybe 100% on the bus. The Chinese like to spit, pick their noses, touch things, cough not covering their mouths etc. My son said he saw word that some are purposely like spitting on elevator buttons, but I think this is in China and is them fear mongering. Let's hop it doesn't get out of control like the plague..

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Obviously it's more important to keep the wheels of commerce turning 

than to put everyone's health ahead of profit.

When everyone is dead (which I do not hope because I am in the lot), with whom will the trade work?
with robots? or the jungle animals?

• Like 1

What will happen to the Chinese who are already here? I bet there is some dont want to go home, Chinese on overstay

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Do not worry, they will set up a committee to discuss it.

Yeah and hopefully they go to ground zero to do that.

• Like 2