Almost 7,000 people from Wuhan visited Thailand this month

webfact

Almost 7,000 people from Wuhan visited Thailand this month

By The Nation

800_82d9bb24256f334.jpg?v=1580023236

High-level sources in the tourism industry revealed that Chinese tourists made up almost 30 per cent of the foreign visitors passing through Don Mueang Airport every day.

Statistics of foreign passengers travelling to Thailand via Don Mueang showed that of the nearly 24,000 people every day, Chinese tourists, on average, accounted for nearly 7,500 people.

From January 3-24, there were 43 flights from Wuhan city which brought 6,982 people.

However, six flights of Thai AirAsia scheduled to fly to and from Wuhan city to Don Mueang and Phuket airports during January 23-28 have all been cancelled.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381081

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-27

7000 visits, and then they go by more airplanes and busses domestic traveling, walking around, restaurants and hotels. Chiang Mai and Bangkok could fall very fast. I was at the airport mall yesterday and it was literally 30% Chinese there from the bus loads trucked in. Not exaggerating, but me and Mrs. had masks on, and 60% of the people did as well, but this is no real barrier for protection.

Biggest thing is the Chinese have come out and said that it is fully contagious during its incubation stage where SARS was not. OUCH!

So they could potentially infect lets just say 10% of an aircraft, and maybe 100% on the bus. The Chinese like to spit, pick their noses, touch things, cough not covering their mouths etc. My son said he saw word that some are purposely like spitting on elevator buttons, but I think this is in China and is them fear mongering. Let's hop it doesn't get out of control like the plague..

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Obviously it's more important to keep the wheels of commerce turning 

than to put everyone's health ahead of profit.

When everyone is dead (which I do not hope because I am in the lot), with whom will the trade work?
with robots? or the jungle animals?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, justin case said:

go to CNN now :  80 people dead now

Let's hope the rate of infection slows down as China locks down more cities. At the present rate the number of dead is doubling every 2 days. To put that into perspective the total number of dead if the infection and mortality rate was maintained would come out as follows:

29 January - 160 dead

31 January - 320 dead

2 February - 640 dead

4 February - 1,280 dead

6 February - 2,560 dead

8 February - 5,120 dead

10 February - 10,240 dead

12 February - 20,480 dead

14 February - 40,960 dead

Happy Valentine's Day!

16 February - 81,920 dead

18 February - 163,840 dead

20 February - 327,680 dead

22 February - 655,360 dead

24 February - 1,310,720 dead

26 February - 2,621,400 dead

28 February - 5,242,880 dead

I am not saying that this is what will happen, and I am hopeful it will be a lot less serious than this, but isolation and quarantine are the only ways that this virus can be stopped from spreading until scientists find a way of curing it.

To that extent, it is madness that Thailand has God knows how many flights still flying in from China. 

I predict that schools in Thailand will be closed within 2 weeks, but it will be too late.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I am really getting worried too now. Especially in the Central Mall here in Pattaya are many Chinese and I see very many people with masks. I think if you wait in a long line at the cashier and cough and sneeze you will be suddenly the first in the line because all others will run away. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

- 14 day incubation (no symptoms for 14 days)….BUT CAN BE PASSED TO OTHER PEOPLE DURING THIS TIME

I could not believe this and so checked again on the Internet. But it is like this. I could have it now already without knowing it. A bad feeling and I will avoid crowded places as far as possible. Bad that I am surrounded especially here in Pattaya by endless Chinese tourists. Be happy if you live in the Province - at least at such times. 

22 minutes ago, Sunderland said:

Let's hope the rate of infection slows down as China locks down more cities. At the present rate the number of dead is doubling every 2 days. To put that into perspective the total number of dead if the infection and mortality rate was maintained would come out as follows:

29 January - 160 dead

31 January - 320 dead

2 February - 640 dead

4 February - 1,280 dead

6 February - 2,560 dead

8 February - 5,120 dead

Happy Valentine's Day!

I am not saying that this is what will happen, and I am hopeful it will be a lot less serious than this, but isolation and quarantine are the only ways that this virus can be stopped from spreading until scientists find a way of curing it.

To that extent, it is madness that Thailand has God knows how many flights still flying in from China. 

I predict that schools in Thailand will be closed within 2 weeks, but it will be too late.

Took my precautions already and kept the kids away from school which will apply to the next 14 days  despite every measure the school might have in place (international school).

Standard procedure to handle a pandemic: "Identification and isolation of those being infected". 

As there is 24% identification rate by temperature scanning only my decision is just common sense.

Additional I not believe the numbers being reported, neither from China nor from Thailand.

Just stay informed from different sources and use your own brain. No reason for panic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunderland said:

29 January - 160 dead

31 January - 320 dead

2 February - 640 dead

4 February - 1,280 dead

6 February - 2,560 dead

8 February - 5,120 dead

Happy Valentine's Day!

Thanks for your post, which shows exactly what could happen and why all people should take this serious. People stating "it is just a normal flu" have no idea of what really could happen and even worse, should the virus mutate.

The Chinese government choosing to lockdown huge cities is very worrying. They must be doing this for a good reason. Could suggest that it is true that the virus spreads easily and is very hard to contain. 

Anyone not taking this virus serious are simply not understanding that this is not just about old or weak people dying. It is also about many healthy people also becoming sick and the social/economic affects of that.

54 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

With 1.2 billion Chinese only 80 deaths from viruses there is no need to worry, if the digits are correct

This is not only about people dying. It is also about lots of people getting sick and hospitals being overrun. There is for sure a very good reason for China to lockdown their huge cities. This is not an easy thing to just do. 

Besides, there is always the risk of the virus mutating. 

Edited by khunpa

53 minutes ago, khunpa said:

The Chinese government choosing to lockdown huge cities is very worrying. They must be doing this for a good reason. Could suggest that it is true that the virus spreads easily and is very hard to contain. 

Would we rather they did nothing?

The fact that they are suggests that things are far far far more worse than what they claim officially.

Everyone's trying to protect the rice bowl.