Wuhan virus expected to hit Thai and Asian tourism hard

webfact

24 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

That's what you get when you capture innocent wild animals , torture them by putting them in small cages and slaughter them in front of the' customers ' . DESERVED !

Who said they slaughtered them? They may have eaten them alive like they do with monkey's when eating their brains. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Thailand you're putting all your eggs in one basket, and relying on Chinese and Indian tourist, now look what's happened and where it might leave you in the sh*t.... 

maybe now sometime they  will start to re-apriciate western tourists, as for me i am happy to see less chinese on the road

saves me a lot of panic braking and honking my horn

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Knowing what happened to it :w00t:

Ya know, with most of the world I would say yes they know, but with Thai and their history lessons of having no history lessons maybe not! If there was not a big stink about it making it a no no in the international circle denouncing it, then if the guys and gals running this country had a Halloween party, I will leave it up to your guess what their party outfit or costume uniform might be.

• Like 2

I'm reassured that karma has paid the powers that be a necessary visit, well deserved considering the amount of pain inflicted upon many farangs and long timers........ "Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it" ........  Quality tourists......... carrying the plague.......  Karma....

karma, ha ha ha.....jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, TKDfella said:

I read yesterday that some countries are considering denying all Chinese tourist entry. Never mind Thailand will accept them.

If , ever , cases of people infected in Thailand will multiply , there will be hardly any tourists at all wanting to come to Thailand anymore ...

Or , if you were a tourist , would you take the risk ...?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The number of Chinese tourists are expected to drop by 1 to 2 million and foreign arrivals could be down by at least 2 per cent.

nothing to worry here, TAT has been wooing the (very) rich Indians.... Chinese out Indians in all is well

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, raccos21 said:

Most countries are worrying about the Coronavirus and their citizens’ health, but here they are worrying  about tourism. What a joke!

to make it clear: they worry about money, otherwise they dont't care about tourists

• Like 2

A post containing a link to Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Thailand you're putting all your eggs in one basket, and relying on Chinese and Indian tourist, now look what's happened and where it might leave you in the sh*t.... 

I was looking forward to a weaker thb, but didn't expect it to materialize in this way ....

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Guitarzan said:

My wife and I were planing a trip to Ubon to put the finishing touches on our house in mid Feb. We decided to cancel our trip. 

I hope this virus is contained quickly! 

I'll let you know

1 minute ago, nobodysfriend said:

Well , I read somewhere today that the market in Wuhan that is in the center of the Virus outbreak , offered enough live animals to fill a zoo , including civets, rats, snakes, giant salamanders and live wolf pups.

It is what they call the ' bushmeat trade ' plus broader human encroachment on wild habitats , that caused this virus to spread over to humans . Even in China , that ' bushmeat trade ' is illegal . But they still do it ...

That seems to be a lesson taught to humans by nature ... hope they learn from it ...?

I also just read 5 million people got out of Wuhan before the quarantine was put in place.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1