Wuhan virus expected to hit Thai and Asian tourism hard

webfact

It's all about money ONLY. 

Who cares about Thai people to protect them and check passengers at entry ports/borders/airports and got the balls to deny entry? 

Who will cancel flights from China to Thailand???

Definetely not this Govt. 

I hope Thai people will get a better view what kind of Govt they got and will remember next election! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

I hope Thai people will get a better view what kind of Govt they got and will remember next election! 

Think you will find they have that possibility covered, they have the Senate loaded! If they are wrong there will be yet another "coup" they are buying plenty of hardware, just in case! 

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, CGW said:

Think you will find they have that possibility covered, they have the Senate loaded! If they are wrong there will be yet another "coup" they are buying plenty of hardware, just in case! 

Well I think the young ones (Future Forward) will do the change...... once 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Well , I read somewhere today that the market in Wuhan that is in the center of the Virus outbreak , offered enough live animals to fill a zoo , including civets, rats, snakes, giant salamanders and live wolf pups.

It is what they call the ' bushmeat trade ' plus broader human encroachment on wild habitats , that caused this virus to spread over to humans . Even in China , that ' bushmeat trade ' is illegal . But they still do it ...

That seems to be a lesson taught to humans by nature ... hope they learn from it ...?

In case of this... the hope die at least. But really,- and what I mean is, that most of the humans do not learn from nature! May some, but only some. The big mass is destroying the nature, if not on a direct way then on a indirect way. Most of them are controlled sheeps, slaves in a controlled digital system. And this system comes from what or who? Yes may you know or you'll know...

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

I just had a terrifying thought!  What if this has been engineered by the UN!!!   They do have a  strategy for population reduction.   I honestly thought their plan would start in Africa and South America....

Compliment!!! Exactly what I think. Almost nobody like to believe this. But in case of some elite on the top, they still going on to reduce the mankind on this plan, in this case more then 80%. So what you think should be more true then others like to accept!

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

I just had a terrifying thought!  What if this has been engineered by the UN!!!   They do have a  strategy for population reduction.   I honestly thought their plan would start in Africa and South America....

Biggest benefactor of this <deleted> are the media. 

I honestly would not put it past anyone to create something that will make themselves more money. 

10 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Those masks would be useless against the virus, N95 masks don't give total protection.

Not completely useless, they will stop the droplets that contain viruses. The virus itself is smaller and could penetrate after the droplet has landed on the mask and dried out. The masks are good for the occasion when somebody sneezes at you. Then you have to discard it and other protective gear immediately and put on new ones. Carrying about 5000 masks with you when visiting the Grand Palace during Chinese peak tour times should be about the right amount.

Or just completely avoid crowded places.

Edited by DrTuner

hmmm.  Maybe letting more expats stay is not such a bad thing for the economy eh?  Much like hotels around the world that raise prices on the weekend hoping to gouge the short time stayers while neglecting the long term stayers that pay the rent during the slow times.

Edited by gk10002000

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

They are not even airtight, those masks are only any good to stop your germs getting out, stopping a virus breathed in that is 0.12 microns small, well good luck with that. Not much better than a ring a ring of posies.

We're talking about respirators, not masks - big difference!

16 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Why do these epidemics so often start in China?

The worse pandemic of the past 100 years was the 1918-1921 Spanish Flu, which killed an estimated 50 to 100 million people. Which country did the deadliest flu in history originated from? Not China. It was the United States. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Selatan said:

The worse pandemic of the past 100 years was the 1918-1921 Spanish Flu, which killed an estimated 50 to 100 million people. Which country did the deadliest flu in history originated from? Not China. It was the United States. 

The most rudimentary research indicates that there are several hypotheses about the source (Wiki) of the Spanish Flu.

Edited by MaxYakov

6 hours ago, macaroni100 said:

we are considering cancelling our trip on the weekend from Europe to BKK then out to Islands because of this issue..... its hard to tell what to do because of the total lack of clarity.... aren't you residents a little worried? 

Dont get to paranoid we live in Phuket and we just stay away from crowded places where the Chinese go, maybe buy yourself some face mask before you come as it seems lots have sold out here dont go in restaurants where Chinese tour groups go you should be ok

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Mavideol said:

nothing to worry here, TAT has been wooing the (very) rich Indians.... Chinese out Indians in all is well

Tourist minister just back from Uruguay. All sorted. They will be the next super rich, saving the tourist industry. Who needs the Chinese with their 1.4 billion people and the overpopulated Indians.

All will be fine.

On 1/27/2020 at 5:00 AM, JHolmesJr said:

so?

who cares abut that? Isn't it more important to lock this thing down so more people don't 

die in the name of posting better financial results?

Estimates of 250k-500k die each year from the flu globally perhaps we should have a global shut down until we stamp out flu deaths. 

9 hours ago, macaroni100 said:

we are considering cancelling our trip on the weekend from Europe to BKK then out to Islands because of this issue..... its hard to tell what to do because of the total lack of clarity.... aren't you residents a little worried? 

20k-40k are estimated to die each month globally from the flu and this new virus has yet to kill 100 in a month and you are more worried about the new virus?

23 hours ago, Xonax said:

I have decided that it´s better to be safe than sorry.  So I stay away from all areas, where there might be any Chinese tourists.

well, just stay in your bathroom. Close the toilet seat if not, a Chinese coming up the drains.

21 hours ago, tomauasia said:

When l lived in Thailand and l saw Chinese I covered my mouth held my breath until they were gone I've been saying this for years. I would not let these people in my country If they paid triple. Thaksin government the best.

I was holding my breath for an hour. I gave up, couldn't breathe anymore;????

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Xonax said:

I have decided that it´s better to be safe than sorry.  So I stay away from all areas, where there might be any Chinese tourists.

So you're going to stay away from the world?Great plan any seats still available on the space shuttle?