Dinner download - Tape surfaces of Trump calling for envoy's firing

webfact

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

But it is not an opinion, the official portraits were either send out or weren't, trump told you the truth or he didn't.

Do you like being lied to? I am sure you don't, so prove me wrong, or you will have to reconsider your opinion of trump. which in the privacy of your conscience I am sure you already are.

More virtue signaling, it really is a sad thing to try and spin this into something other than that. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

And a president can be removed for doing so for unlawful reasons. Not for the removal, but for the reason.

Can you please tell me what could be unlawful about removing an ambassador for any reason by a president. 

I'll wait for your legal review and dazzling wizardry. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chiphigh said:

Except for the pesky little thing called an election. She serves at the pleasure of the president. She was vehemently against him. She should have been replaced on day one like Obama had done with all political appointees 

For the millionth time, she was not a political appointee -- she's a career diplomat! Why are simple facts so hard to digest?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Chiphigh said:

Sorry, an ambassador can be removed by the president at any time in any way he chooses. 

Yes, and the president’s lawyers have also argued that he is literally beyond the reach of the law -- that he literally could shoot someone dead and get away with it, because he’s the president. An executive with such power is not part of a democracy; he creates tyranny; and it is this that the House of Representatives is seeking to curtail with impeachment proceedings. I don’t know what your nationality is, but if you favor unlimited executive authority (at least as long as you like the person in charge), then you are no American.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

Can you please tell me what could be unlawful about removing an ambassador for any reason by a president. 

I'll wait for your legal review and dazzling wizardry. 

As has been explained to you multiple times, the POTUS does not have the right to take any action for corrupt or criminal reasons, including removal of an Ambassador.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As has been explained to you multiple times, the POTUS does not have the right to take any action for corrupt or criminal reasons, including removal of an Ambassador.

You lack flowcharts.

Is the POTUS able to remove a government employee as he sees fit?

Yes

Go to End

Notice there was no line about it being corrupt or criminal as that is for a court to decide. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

You lack flowcharts.

Yes

Go to End

Notice there was no line about it being corrupt or criminal as that is for a court to decide. 

You lack an understanding of the law and the constitution.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

You lack flowcharts.

Yes

Go to End

But when the president prevents relevant witnesses from appearing before that court claiming “executive privilege” and gums up the whole judicial process with endless lawsuits and appeals, that’s obstruction of justice, which is itself a crime. If you favor not only the president’s authority to fire whomever he chooses on a whim but also his ability to supersede the judicial system, at least on paper a coequal branch or government, then you favor dictatorship. Unfortunately, you’re not alone in that ...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cory1848 said:

But when the president prevents relevant witnesses from appearing before that court claiming “executive privilege” and gums up the whole judicial process with endless lawsuits and appeals, that’s obstruction of justice, which is itself a crime. If you favor not only the president’s authority to fire whomever he chooses on a whim but also his ability to supersede the judicial system, at least on paper a coequal branch or government, then you favor dictatorship. Unfortunately, you’re not alone in that ...

This is where you people go off the rails.  The process as you call it, much like lawmaking, was created to be as you put it "gummed up."  When the President exercises something that afforded to him as head of the Executive Branch, that isn't gumming up anything.  It is the process. 

If you don't like it, change the laws and Constitutions.  Oh, good luck with that.

If you need a flowchart, the line goes to:

START WHINING

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>End

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

This is where you people go off the rails.  The process as you call it, much like lawmaking, was created to be as you put it "gummed up."  When the President exercises something that afforded to him as head of the Executive Branch, that isn't gumming up anything.  It is the process. 

If you don't like it, change the laws and Constitutions.  Oh, good luck with that.

If you need a flowchart, the line goes to:

START WHINING

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>End

I understand from above that you have some kind of legal training. I don't, but I do know that lawyers can make a case for just about anything ("bring lawyers, guns, and money," right?). You, however, resort to name-calling ("you people" ??) and pounding your fists into your chest. Have a good rest of your day, man ...

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

I understand from above that you have some kind of legal training. I don't, but I do know that lawyers can make a case for just about anything ("bring lawyers, guns, and money," right?). You, however, resort to name-calling ("you people" ??) and pounding your fists into your chest. Have a good rest of your day, man ...

Fist pounding .. wow.  Are you Clairvoyant as well as knowing the law with no legal training?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Chiphigh said:

Impeachment was the goal since long before this made up threat to national security. 

You have lost another attempt. But we know they'll keep trying. 

Of course impeachment was the goal long prior to the quid pro quo that really brought it on.

Democrats recognized immediately that an uneducated, gangster buffoon with no political experience would be harmful to America. He had shown his true colours long before the Russians helped him steal the election.

Thus, democrats rose to the cause to rid the country of this toxic POTUS.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1