Best economy premium

ezzra

Planning a trip to U.S in a few months, looking for best deals on premium economy class, so far i have found out that Singapore airlines are the best out there farewise and quality wise, be interesting to hear other possibilities...

Edited by ezzra

Where you are going in the US makes a significant impact on fares

And there must be something different, since I always found Singapore Airlines to be the most expensive to the US.  You also might want to look at the connection times from SIG to BKK

I would check out Cathay Pacific since the troubles in Hong Kong has forced them to offer some good deals, worth a look

That being said, the only advantage of CP is the relatively short hop from HK to BKK.  And I thought the two times I used their premium economy it was a waste of money, but your mileage may vary 

Edited by Langsuan Man
  • Like 2

Just booked r/t to EWR (NY) on Singapore Airlines with premium economy for $1350. It was only a few hundred more than Cathay, Emirates and the same as United. Air China is NOT an option ever! To me that's a no brainer since Cathay, United and Emirates were economy fares.

• Like 1

Oh how I miss the simple days of three seat offerings: 1st Class, Business Class, or Economy Class.  OR, on some flights simply Economy and 1st or Business Class.  OR, on a short trip in a small aircraft no different classes at all.    And don't get me started on the other flight options/charges regarding meals, baggage, etc.

3 hours ago, phkauf said:

Just booked r/t to EWR (NY) on Singapore Airlines with premium economy for $1350. It was only a few hundred more than Cathay, Emirates and the same as United. Air China is NOT an option ever! To me that's a no brainer since Cathay, United and Emirates were economy fares.

Good choice and excellent non-choice.  No mainland Chinese airlines any time and not even because of the coronavirus risk.

4 hours ago, phkauf said:

good price if only a few hundred more than econ, good airline

On 1/28/2020 at 6:27 AM, CanuckThai said:

Emirates has my vote.  I've been on economy, and business.... My experience has always been consistent in reliability and above average in service/support.  

But they don't offer Premium Economy yet, which is what the thread is about.

On 1/27/2020 at 6:04 PM, Langsuan Man said:

"slightly" larger seat, with a "slightly" better incline  

Better food, better headphones, free water, dedicated lavs, get third meal sandwiches, pouch with free goodies... lots of little things.

For EVA. Also frequently an empty seat next to me. That and bigger seats are the best.

But who the hell designed where the headphones plug in??? A truly sadistic person. If you don't know where the plug is you won't find it. If you know where it is, good luck sticking the plug in. 5555

• Haha 1