Pattaya: Coronavirus expected to hit hard as crisis meeting mulls options

webfact

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

the whole idea is everyone is to stay home and not travel or have unnecessary contact with people until this blows over.

If you are going to consistently offer reasonable, sane and calm advice ... I am afraid you may be prohibited from posting

Exactly.  Slow down, avoid crowds, wash your hands more, don't touch your face as much, stay off planes ... in other words "Think!  And take responsibility for your health instead of waiting for any government to do it for you!"

2 minutes ago, legend49 said:

Lets hope it lasts 6 months it will sort out the baht value.

Ok, I am not going to ask you explain why a fatal disease that were it to last 6 months would be a global pandemic is something to wish for ... I am a bit interested to learn the how and why you think it would be good for the Thai Baht ...

That being said, my gold holdings are doing quite nicely, thank you ... and expect them to increase 10% in the future.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The best they could come up with to offset the expected lack of tour groups and families over the coming weeks was to make Nong Nooch gardens free for any Thai coming from Chonburi.

Well that is only likely to offset the loss in numbers, certainly not takings a the gate. Anyhow, not a new idea, Korat went free earlier in the Month, my Mrs went!

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The best they could come up with to offset the expected lack of tour groups and families over the coming weeks was to make Nong Nooch gardens free for any Thai coming from Chonburi.

How about being clever for once in your life and make it across the board then people would go there, ehat one pocket looses the other gains....LOL

3 hours ago, Beggar said:

Please help me to understand this. It will help Nong Nooch if the people come and don't pay anything? 

Certainly not ;
but the Thai authorities as a whole are completely missing the mark.
Giving Thai people in Chonburi the opportunity to visit Nong Nuoch for free will significantly increase the number of people likely to be affected by this virus as it is the most visited place by Chinese people in this province.
another question: how many chinese people wander around with a thai identity card, whether true or false?
Let's not forget that at KSR you can buy more real than real ...

As NCC rightly points out, the best is of course to stay at home and avoid unnecessary travel

and a last one "for the road" as we say here: how many Chinese people work legally or illegally in Pattaya and  Rayong and in the two provinces?

Edited by Assurancetourix
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, legend49 said:

Lets hope it lasts 6 months it will sort out the baht value.

The longer it lasts, the further it will spread in other countries. Epidemiology obviously isn't your strong suit.

1 hour ago, bangkokequity said:

That being said, my gold holdings are doing quite nicely, thank you ... and expect them to increase 10% in the future.

Nah,at this rate there won’t be any Chinese left to push up the prices....every cloud has a 'silver' lining I suppose though..

• Haha 1