Pattaya: Coronavirus expected to hit hard as crisis meeting mulls options

webfact

4 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

And from tomorrow morning no water at all in all Pattaya city and for 2 days

(29 and 30january) It's not going to help to keep a good hygienic level in public places.

Thailand is totaly unprepared for this virus problem

What is the source of this bad news? 

24 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Tried Thai Wassadu today. Shelves empty, only have the basic dust masks (PM 2.5). Tried Fascino and another pharmacy for antibacterial hand gel. Facino said, "No gel in Pattaya".

Was out in the darkside ,plenty of hand gel ,sorry cant say where just stopped at a local chemist ,did not look at name etc .

59 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Thanks for the info, was totally unaware.

I live in naklua so unsure if will be affected although it does state North Pattaya road will be and I am fairly close to that.

I will store a little to get by just in case.

Cheers

On 1/27/2020 at 12:14 PM, colinneil said:

Money, money, money, thats all you hear about here, money.

We will lose money, sod the fact people are dropping all over the place, some even dying.

Pathetic that we hear tourist numbers will be down, 50 billion baht lost.

On 1/27/2020 at 2:52 PM, legend49 said:

Lets hope it lasts 6 months it will sort out the baht value.

Ironic to say the least.

19 hours ago, URMySunshine said:

My sincere hope is that long term diagnosis of this damned virus turns out to be another SARS / SARS ++ and not the horror movie scenario. (1) That said I think there is little doubt that the short term prospects are looking pretty grim. Behaviours will change , rumours will spread like wildfire on social media and people will become afraid. 10s of thousands of Chinese marooned in Thai hotels and resorts will create their own drama. (2)

(1) That would appear to be most peoples point of reference, judging by the hysteria on here.

(2) No, they won't. They are very pragmatic people. Much more grounded than the nut jobs you find around Pattaya.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Traubert said:

(1) That would appear to be most peoples point of reference, judging by the hysteria on here.

(2) No, they won't. They are very pragmatic people. Much more grounded than the nut jobs you find around Pattaya.

2. Yes they will. Pragmatic? You're having a laugh. Ever seen them have a feeding frenzy at a buffet?

I for one am staying home drinking port, and have started new games on my computer, wife and I have most friends on messenger, free phone or video call( and I must say the video calls are great) video calls to Australia are spot on also

39 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

2. Yes they will. Pragmatic? You're having a laugh. Ever seen them have a feeding frenzy at a buffet?

Many times. You? Once? Twice? On Youtube? Whats that got to do with them causing a drama about coronavirus?

On 1/27/2020 at 7:58 AM, bangkokequity said:

Ok, I am not going to ask you explain why a fatal disease that were it to last 6 months would be a global pandemic is something to wish for ... I am a bit interested to learn the how and why you think it would be good for the Thai Baht ...

That being said, my gold holdings are doing quite nicely, thank you ... and expect them to increase 10% in the future.

Not that hard to explain, i will. Asian economy will suffer a lot if the disease keep killing and infecting people, that will make thai bath weaker compared to non asian currencies. 

About your gold savings I hope you dont have a bank certificate that says "we certificate you own gold".

On 1/27/2020 at 3:15 PM, DannyCarlton said:

They won't be coming back. Every Western news outlet is listing Thailand first as a country that Coronavirus has spread to. What few Westerners that were coming here are cancelling.

I'm not cancelling ........ yet.

It's all about money and that's all it ever will be, but for once it would be nice if there were some regard and humanity. Who gives a flying one about Pattaya,  Nong Hooch gardens and local tourism! How about thanking the Chinese in general for laying down billions of baht in your city/country by setting up a gofundme or summat and sending funds to Wuhan? Yeah, thought so.

Edited by daveAustin
  • Haha 1

On 1/27/2020 at 3:50 PM, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm... usually for a virus to spread you need people.... TIT

Where on earth did you get that little nugget of falsehood?You must be under the delusion that viruses only occur in humans!

Edited by FarFlungFalang

On 1/27/2020 at 9:21 AM, RotBenz8888 said:

Never mind how many people get sick, let's worry about the money loss.

ok, if i must..

i hope the dwindling visitors does not result in the usual thai response when funds dry up. hike prices for those who are here.

• Like 1