Hungarian pensioner dies in the cells at Suvarnabhumi as he awaits deportation

webfact

Hungarian pensioner dies in the cells at Suvarnabhumi as he awaits deportation

2pm.jpg

Thai caption: He never woke up again

Picture: Sanook

A 60 year old Hungarian man who was set to be deported to face charges in his home country after he hid out and overstayed in Thailand was found dead in his holding cell at Suvarnabhumi airport on Sunday morning. 

The Hungarian man had earlier been arrested by the immigration police and handed over to the airport police on Saturday about midday. 

He was not considered at risk and had an evening meal and went to sleep.

A check on him revealed he had died in the night and had been deceased around eight hours. There were no marks on his body or signs of foul play. 

Sanook said he was known to suffer from diabetes.

An autopsy was called for and the Hungarian embassy were contacted so that relatives could be notified.

An inquiry is underway and staff at the facility will be interviewed. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-27
  • Sad 8

1 hour ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Maybe, if he had diabetes type 1, and wasn't given insulin , it could cause ketoacidosis. But if he had type 2 and didn't take his tablets, i doubt it, although the stress of being jailed could be added in increasing the blood sugar level

Ok, thanks for the info.

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Might be, but it can also be that they found out he was diabetic after he was dead. It is Sanook stating that it was known he suffered from diabetes, which might be something they digged up after. In that case, if the man had his belongings taken away from him and never opened his mouth about any diabetes or a need for medication. In that case you can´t blame immigration either.

Hell Yeah! I am going to quote myself (#3) here. The reason for is that I can not for my life understand why so many get confused over above post.

Is it some kind of rule to blame immigration for everything, disregarding if there is proof to back it up or not? Or is it only that you confused members are so lost that you just go with the flow and blame anyone you just don´t wish to show any support for totally without evidence?

Yes, I know that it might be true. They might have denied him his medication, but until there is nothing that supports that it´s better to not judge.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1