Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Hungarian pensioner dies in the cells at Suvarnabhumi as he awaits deportation

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, simon43 said:

 

AFAIK, (from my previous work as a police volunteer in Thailand for many years), medicines are not allowed for prisoners, even if you inform the prison authorities that you are on medication and will die without it etc.

 

That certainly was my experience with several prisoners, (they didn't die, but their heart/diabetes medication was confiscated).

 

I'm happy to be corrected on this 🙂

good to hear from somebody who actually has first hand experience - and what you said certainly renders many other posts invalid

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt a Thai Dish loaded with sugar ! when will they ^%^*# wake up. Utter, utter rampant unawareness and ignorance ! 

 

and they wonder, or just cannot figure out why there are so many road fatalities and egotistical murders from jealousy ! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Matzzon... Do you really have enough facts to defend?

Where have I been defending. The only thing I´ve done is posting about another possibility. Please point out where I am defending anything?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matzzon said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Matzzon... Do you really have enough facts to defend?

Where have I been defending. The only thing I´ve done is posting about another possibility. Please point out where I am defending anything?

 

OK, fair enough... If I’m not mistaken, the other possibility you have pointed out is the possibility that 'the Deceased, a diabetic did not announce to the IDC staff that he was diabetic and needed medication’...

 

A viable argument, he may not have. 

 

An equally, perhaps more viable argument, he may have, but you’ve put that argument down because you seem to be of the opinion that the IDC guards value human life and respect the medical needs of detainees, which is somewhat of an overly optimistic opinion given what we know of the IDC. 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Matzzon said:
1 hour ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Totally irrelevant Mr Sticky! We are not talking about Klongprem here. However, just go on and don´t let me disturb you.

 

It's not totally irrelevant as the article highlights prevalence of human rights violations in the Thai prison system, it doesn’t take much to draw parallels to the IDC. Additionally so the are numerous reports / first hand tales of the Thai IDC being worse than the Thai Prison system. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jack7106 said:

The place is a living cesspit of humanity mainly occupied by African internees who have no money and or access to embassy help.

It is run by private security contractors and not the government, nor from my experience does it have any government oversight🤬😡

As a previous poster alluded to “gave him a meal” – absolute <deleted> as you have to pay for your board and meals are not included unless you have money from which they purchased from the food stores located within the airports.

The corruption and conditions in there are only fit for animals that you dislike in the extreme.

Corrupt guards and compliant airlines such as Thai airlines are part and parcel of this disgusting mess.

If you have no money, you will not be able to access phone calls/Internet, food becomes a problem for something edible and there is a severe lack of embassy access if you are from a country with no empathy representation.

 

They should be an Independent audit into this absolutely disgusting representation of Thailand’s way of handling immigration problems within privately run airport jails😳🤷‍♂️🤬😡🙏🇹🇭

 

The women’s and men’s section are also open and accessible to each other – <deleted> – pretty bloody scary place to be😳🤷‍♂️😡🤬🙏🇹🇭

 

You are describing the IDC (correctly by all accounts)

 

But that is not where this happened.

 

Nor did it happen at a jail.

 

It happened in the detention room at Swampy airport.  From prior reports here,  large room with some bunk beds, food is provided (but there is a charge) and can also pay the guards to go get you things from airport shops. People are allowed to have their phones in there. I would assume, but do not know for sure, that they would also have their wallets/purses and possibly their carry on bags as well, this is a place people who have been refused entry are kept until they have a flight out. People have complained it is nto very clean but nothing I have ever heard makes it sound like prison conditions and certainly not like IDC (which is worse than any prison).

 

I have not previously heard of someone being taken there as part if a deportation before. Usually kept at IDC and then start to the airport and onto a flight.

 

There is no information whatsoever as to cause of death so no basis for speculating anything yet.  People do not die of diabetes in a night unless having a hypoglycemic reaction which would be likely only if insulin taken and then no food. There is no reason to think this applies, but then we really do not know.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

From prior reports here,  large room with some bunk beds

Pic from 2015:

14416791551441679534l.jpg

 

Pic from 2019:

a09f17a5fa47297ea29d2be4480cc179a1eb5087

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

 

OK, fair enough... If I’m not mistaken, the other possibility you have pointed out is the possibility that 'the Deceased, a diabetic did not announce to the IDC staff that he was diabetic and needed medication’...

 

A viable argument, he may not have. 

 

An equally, perhaps more viable argument, he may have, but you’ve put that argument down because you seem to be of the opinion that the IDC guards value human life and respect the medical needs of detainees, which is somewhat of an overly optimistic opinion given what we know of the IDC. 

 

 

No, I do not think IDC guards are good caretakers. The only thing in my initial post was that it may have been a reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

 

It's not totally irrelevant as the article highlights prevalence of human rights violations in the Thai prison system, it doesn’t take much to draw parallels to the IDC. Additionally so the are numerous reports / first hand tales of the Thai IDC being worse than the Thai Prison system. 

 

 

That is not a fact. What is a fact is that Klongprem is one of the worlds biggest hell holes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...