Police announce measures in bid to tackle air pollution

webfact

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Police announce measures in bid to tackle air pollution

So another crackdown on the last crackdown on the crackdown previously to that one and the one before that one that have all failed miserably !

Both my vehicles I had in Thailand from new were well maintaine and driven conservatively would spew black smoke out of the exhaust if reved hard. My question is WHY? My suspicion was exhaust system not real/cheap as carbon should be burnt off and not accumulate or fuel is really bad. I would like to understand. (one was Triton 4x4 and one 4x4 everest 3.2). 

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

And what about the public busses, some of the worst polluters in Bangkok. 

Forget submarines, upgrade the fleet of public busses to Air-con cleaner running busses (they don’t have to be electric, just cleaner). 

Encourage more Public Transport use, improve the traffic flow, limit private vehicle use in the centers (i.e. congestion charges) and primarily, more than anything else, actually do something real about the burning of fields and factories that pollute. 

The issue with Thailands seasonal pollution is not caused by any single mode of transport / pollution but a whole combination of factors including the weather (the weather is the one part they are unable to control) the rest can be dealt with, fairly quickly if those in positions of power cared enough to apply continued pressure. 

They got new buses but they made a story up about tax issues. They since vanished from the docks. Not another word hurd. I think they sold them pocketed the money.

Edited by tomauasia