Thai man murders his neighbor in argument over washing line outside his house

The guy lived next door had a long feud with the poor guy who died over cooking smells and encroachment onto “his “ personal space with the washing line etc.

Woman over the soi asked him to drive her two sons to football practice, wasn’t even his car . Sat behind the wheel years of pent up anger arose and .........well.............he lost it big time !!

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yinn, you’ve transliterated ‘special’... what Spidermike is getting at with ‘special’ is also referred to as the ‘little prince syndrome’.   Many of us have witnessed this in Thailand (and m

Loss of face over a washing line?    Whatever next for these small minded individuals?  

Well, I guess that argument was settled. What can one say? There are an awful lot of people here who have not developed sufficiently, on an emotional level. Especially a portion of Thai men. It has al

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

The guy lived next door had a long feud with the poor guy who died over cooking smells and encroachment onto “his “ personal space with the washing line etc.

Woman over the soi asked him to drive her two sons to football practice, wasn’t even his car . Sat behind the wheel years of pent up anger arose and .........well.............he lost it big time !!

Washing lines can be a major source of conflict in Thailand. eh @Liverpudlian 555

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, transam said:
1 hour ago, fhickson said:

looks like the clothes line is hanging out blocking the street?

Are you blind....................?

PS. Daftest post of the week..............🙄

Not really, the washing line / stand is a couple of meters out into the street. 

If the ‘Murderer’ has put up with years of the deceased encroaching onto his space, cooking smells etc getting into his house etc this may just have been the very 'straw that broke the camels back’...

It must take years and years of frustration to drive someone to such a response, or the Murderer was a total crack-pot...  Either way, he’s not facing a live time in prison for his stupid actions in snapping and going to the extreme.

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 12.19.05.png

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

One of the most pertinent lines in the OP is that they were both on the housing committee. Big resentments can build up in such circumstances. Of course no excuse for this utterly terrible event....fair put me off my breakfast it did. 

Rooster

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Either way, he’s not facing a live time in prison for his stupid actions in snapping and going to the extreme.

he is if he hasn't got any money

I tell ya, when it comes to the locals, if it's not the Washing Lines that are pissing them off it's your failure to SMILE at them.

YOU COULD BE NEXT

Edited by Solinvictus
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, I guess that argument was settled. What can one say? There are an awful lot of people here who have not developed sufficiently, on an emotional level. Especially a portion of Thai men. It has alot to do with being told how special they are, while growing up.

Hmmmm. 

You sure people call them “special”? I don’t think so.

Is a insult in Thailand. Somebody call you “special”. = Kon pee set. 

They are not special. No man is automatically special. When we make some contributions with our work, our service to our families, and our communities, and when we behave in an honorable, and graceful fashion toward others, then we earn the right to be called special. 

Are you “special”?

Your sisters are smarter than you,

Sure.

Same most country.

Woman is clever, man is strong.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not really, the washing line / stand is a couple of meters out into the street. 

If the ‘Murderer’ has put up with years of the deceased encroaching onto his space, cooking smells etc getting into his house etc this may just have been the very 'straw that broke the camels back’...

It must take years and years of frustration to drive someone to such a response, or the Murderer was a total crack-pot...  Either way, he’s not facing a live time in prison for his stupid actions in snapping and going to the extreme.

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 12.19.05.png

Not the killers property but a definite space taken up that all cars cannot park at. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Not the killers property but a definite space taken up that all cars cannot park at. 

The killer apparently complained of ‘strong cooking smells’ coming into his house from the victims house... 

I’m now not sure if the killer was a neighbor or not and if this was just made up. 

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The killer apparently complained of ‘strong cooking smells’ coming into his house from the victims house... 

I’m now not sure if the killer was a neighbor or not and if this was just made up. 

Yeah, if the food has any base of Kapi like a Nam Prik Kapi or a dried fish being deep fried up, then this stuff could literally drive you berserk. Stinkiest stuff on the planet, but delicious after made.