Where do I buy a bee hive?

nofarang

I live in Thailand and would like to do some beekeeping in my spare time. In my home country I had bees before I moved over here so I already know how to go about it. But I have no idea where to buy bees here. I have already visited an established bee farm in Chiang Mai but due to language problems I could not find out from where to get the bees. I live in the Hua Hin area and I would much appreciate to buy bees around here. But I would even go to farer places where required. Any advice is highly valued.

I did some research and you can also find thread in this forum. 

If you want European bees that produce more then usually the place where they sell them require you to attend a formation in thai. Check for the Royal project in Chiang Mai. These bees have parasit issue. 

You can catch wild stingless bees but they produce less... Maybe 1 kilo per year per hive but they have no parasit issue and it's worth a lot more. They also require different equipment since they are smaller. 

Here is a good thread: https://forum.honeyflow.com/t/where-to-buy-beekeeping-equipment-in-thailand-online/13327

Here is a good playlist about stingless bees: 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhAXj-vNqBVlOCeJ8sr8n_bK0nOYAQzOv

I found some nice single box hive on lazada made in thailand but they are not available anymore. My problem is catching bees since in my area there is almost none. They don't seems to enjoy cassava and sugar cane flower desert. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...