Tourism minister's cash to tourists plan recalls predecessors' mocked ideas and failings

webfact

20 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

If that had been implemented, Pattaya would have been dead and buried now.

I think Pattaya's sex business might be history anyway sooner or later. The sex tourists I know look for their service staff in shopping malls or on the Beach Road or online on the internet. They don't want to pay barfines. And I also think this seedy image of Pattaya keeps many not sex tourists away. There are many alternatives in the meantime where you don't have sex and bar noise at every corner. 

18 hours ago, HOAX said:

What a ridiculous idea. Why not spend those millions somewhere it is actually needed.

What you could do instead to attract more foreigners is to lower the Baht to increase more tourists and begin changing laws to a fair and equal opportunities for foreign investors as well as foreigners who live in the country, whether it is pensioners or younger people who wants to build a life here.

You forget that Thailand does not want foreign people living here, they want you to visit, "eat-shop-spend- and sod-off" to allow the next batch to come in.

And it's not embarrassed to say that's the way it is!