Coronavirus: Stay calm and carry on spending! Tourism minister tells tourists

webfact

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

The uniform he is wearing in the photo is a civil service uniform, not army uniform.

Yes i do agree with you about the diatribe he is spouting.

I guess they don't make suits in his size. On the other hand the gob is big enough.

• Haha 2

Does this idiot of Tourism minister lost now all his brain to see the problem of the virus solved by forcing people just to spend more money!!!!!

This inhuman acting is a shame and especially for this government. 

I hope this virus willf effect Thailand badly by declining dramaticly of tourists.

They have to learn a lesson!

And thais only learn if it derply hearts!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, manhood said:

Does this idiot of Tourism minister lost now all his brain to see the problem of the virus solved by forcing people just to spend more money!!!!!

This inhuman acting is a shame and especially for this government. 

I hope this virus willf effect Thailand badly by declining dramaticly of tourists.

They have to learn a lesson!

And thais only learn if it derply hearts!

Ha, ha, ha, he don't lost....ha, ha, ha.

6 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Its time to PANIC people!!!!!!

Your not in safe hands. Dont go shopping if you dont need to unless you want to die or kill your family and friends unecessarly because you did!!

This is what people need to hear. It shows you care when you tell people to do the right thing to protect themselves.

Right you are.  Yet regular influenza is much more likely to kill you than this new "coronavirus" . Also driving a car or motorcycle in Thailand, along with heart disease and cancer is more likely to kill you.

You have to choose how you live your life safely, and how much risk you are willing to take.  If worried about a virus and planning on going shopping in a large mall with large numbers of Chinese from Wuhan - yes your risk will go up.  

"Every bubble's passed it's FIZZicall", yelped the Ernie Bilko-voiced Head Bubble in the cartoon ads for the knobbly-bottled orangeade. Very popular in the 70s. The idea of devouring an entire army of bubbles and then belching out their remains,  appealed to the juvenile mind.

Thailand, money number 1,what the minister really meant to say was, spend all your money here as when the coronavirus gets you.. you won't need your money,  also if the staff in these so called stores are trained in dealing with this virus, send them to China to stop it spreading,....

This Minister is talking B.S.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

In addition staff are cleaning handrails,toilet door knobs and other knobs. 

It's a shame that they don't wash their hands after using the toilet or perhaps restaurant staff could remove their aprons before they leave the workplace. I always wondered what they do with them while they are in the toilet cubicle. And please can someone teach them how to dry their hands if they do bother to wash them and not use their own hair. Seeing this kind of stuff really put me off eating anywhere in Phuket.

Edited by mal2018
update

China is once again covering up the real scale, just as it has done it with SARS.

They claim to have about 80 deaths. It seems however, near Wuhan city an entire village was found dead, these are thousands of people!

Thai people who returned from Wuhan reported and put online videos how Chinese authorities go from house to house and remove the dead bodies.

Just wait, the true scale will become viewable soon.

And Thailand will be the country with second most deaths thanks to Chinese who seek refuge from the virus in Thailand.

It was reported that some shop owners in Phuket have closed down their shops and have left Phuket running away from the Chinese who now are all over Phuket with no health checks at Phuket airport...

Next hotspot is Pattaya. Walking street maybe...

Edited by P100
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Peterphuket said:

The information I have is it is actual live updates.

The sources are: https://systems.jhu.edu/research/public-health/ncov/

The case data visualized is collected from various sources, including WHO, U.S. CDC, ECDC China CDC (CCDC), NHC and DXY. DXY is a Chinese website that aggregates NHC and local CCDC situation reports in near real-time, providing more current regional case estimates than the national level reporting organizations are capable of, and is thus used for all the mainland China cases reported in our dashboard (confirmed, suspected, recovered, deaths). U.S. cases (confirmed, suspected, recovered, deaths) are taken from the U.S. CDC, and all other country (suspected and confirmed) case data is taken from the corresponding regional health departments. The dashboard is intended to provide the public with an understanding of the outbreak situation as it unfolds, with transparent data sources.

It looks like either John Hopkins University hasn't fed data into their system (It's their dashboard), or China stopped releasing real time data (if it ever was available). My bet is on China stopped updating.

Edited by DrTuner

Can buy air purifiers

Stay away from crowded  areas.

Wash hands regularly 

Stop Chinese  from coming into the country

If Chinese  government  wont let their own people travel then Thailand or any country  should  stop letting them in

Contain the virus  till its is time to panic 

Not all people that have contracted the virus  have died

As usual people more at risk are young  and old and people that are already  unhealthy as their  inmhnge systems  are weaker

57 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

Thailand must be one of the most money driven countries in the world. They are wrecking the country for the sake of the tourists dollar and are quite willing to wreck their health as well. It is too bad that Thailand was never colonized. There might have been remnants of good governance in place rather than the ignorant people in charge today. 

We only need to look back to the events of 2004 to know that. Here's a little reminder with a quote from a "Thai Official"

“If we issued a warning, which would have led to evacuation, [and if nothing happened], what would happen then? Business would be instantaneously affected. It would be beyond the Meteorological Department’s ability to handle. We could go under if [the tsunami] didn’t come.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peterphuket said:

Some reality on the internet:

He looks suspiciously like the doctor in mask and visor in another video. My call is maybe Hong Kong democracy activist looking to seize the moment. Not read this elsewhere and I might well be wrong. And even if they are not the same could still be part of a campaign of disinformation. Hence video on YT is not a relaible source, 

Edited by URMySunshine