Cost Estimates to build simple roof structure?

creative1000

On 1/27/2020 at 1:44 PM, Crossy said:

Our car port 6 x 6m cost 33k all-in back in 2015. 

post-14979-0-55306800-1436489181_thumb.j

Steel from your local steel shop some prices here 

Friend of mine has just had a car port done very similar, maybe slightly wider with centre pillars, and that was about 40K.

• Like 1

Just today I got a estimate for labor only on a roughly 45 sq meter overhead attached to the house, 20,000bht labor only. He gave an all in estimate of 45,000 but I'll be paying for materials myself and only wanted the labor estimate.

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Just today I got a estimate for labor only on a roughly 45 sq meter overhead attached to the house, 20,000bht labor only. He gave an all in estimate of 45,000 but I'll be paying for materials myself and only wanted the labor estimate.

That sounds quite high but if you know the builder and are sure of his work it may be OK

7 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

That sounds quite high but if you know the builder and are sure of his work it may be OK

This is in Rayong, expect to pay more than deep Isaan. I had him do a small job and they worked hard to finish in 1 day. I'll get steel from his source which is cheaper than mine. He has a 3 man crew and is always on site to manage. His labor quote is same as what I had in my mind. A free standing structure would have been cheaper labor.

Can't help with price but my Thai neighbor built a structure similar to the first photo for his cars. The roofing sheet is unbelievably thin. The first time it rained I thought Ginger Baker had moved in next door. When it is sunny there are constant pops and bangs all day as it expands and contracts.

33 minutes ago, Toosetinmyways said:

Can't help with price but my Thai neighbor built a structure similar to the first photo for his cars. The roofing sheet is unbelievably thin. The first time it rained I thought Ginger Baker had moved in next door. When it is sunny there are constant pops and bangs all day as it expands and contracts.

That is due to the roofing steel used, this one 90F5A89D-84D4-461C-96E9-FBE7BD312A15.jpeg.4da184ec4790a068bda07ee0436679c7.jpeg

is now about 7 years old in this picture, while noisy when it rains, is strong enough fo me to walk on.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

3 workers 20 days 300 each a day 20 days for a carport wow 1 hour work 7 hours coffie pause 

58 minutes ago, mikecha said:

3 workers 20 days 300 each a day 20 days for a carport wow 1 hour work 7 hours coffie pause 

Tell me your price, you think all laborers work for 300 bht day. Again, tell your tale or perhaps let the grown up do the talking.