BANGKOK
mirtl

TM6 Departure Card mix up

On arrival with GF, we both filled in arrival section of forms, but not departure section.  As they no longer staple this into passport, we accidentally mixed these papers up and don't know whose is whose. Other than a trip to immigration, is there any simple way to tell which one belongs to which person as all we can see is the Bar code number and arrival date stamp.  All advice appreciated.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

They stapled mine in my passport when I entered earlier this month.

Haven't had mine stapled for years ... figured it was cost cutting :coffee1:

OP I take it one of you filled both in or pretty sure you could recognise the handwriting. If leaving together don't worry about it, if the IO picks it as the wrong one you're both there anyway to swap.

Neither departure card portion was filled in, and probably not leaving Thailand at same time. 

Thank you.

Edited by mirtl

5 minutes ago, mirtl said:

Update, neither filled in and not leaving at same time, hence the question.

Thank you.

Don't worry about it. TM6 are often misplaced. At DM they have staff at passport control handing them out. The io also has them.

Personally, I would just my name etc on either one of the departure cards. If picked up then you would just do another.

No big deal, people losing them all the time, just grab a new one on the way to passport control.

Edited by Salerno
Beaten to it by Drjack
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, BritManToo said:

They stapled mine in my passport when I entered earlier this month.

Wow, how did you manage to get them to do that? They never do it and I've always gotta find a stapler and do it myself later on.

17 hours ago, mirtl said:

Neither departure card portion was filled in, and probably not leaving Thailand at same time. 

You should always put your name and passport number on them. I am surprised the officer accepted your card without that being on it.

You could go to a immigration office together and they could check which card is which.

18 hours ago, mirtl said:

On arrival with GF, we both filled in arrival section of forms, but not departure section.  As they no longer staple this into passport, we accidentally mixed these papers up and don't know whose is whose. Other than a trip to immigration, is there any simple way to tell which one belongs to which person as all we can see is the Bar code number and arrival date stamp.  All advice appreciated.

non Thai GF i assume

5 hours ago, steve187 said:

non Thai GF i assume

Would it matter?

8 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Would it matter?

Yes; if she was Thai there would only be one TM6 :coffee1:

• Like 2

On 1/27/2020 at 3:09 PM, Salerno said:

Haven't had mine stapled for years ... figured it was cost cutting :coffee1:

OP I take it one of you filled both in or pretty sure you could recognise the handwriting. If leaving together don't worry about it, if the IO picks it as the wrong one you're both there anyway to swap.

I heard a rumor as to why they quit using staples to secure the TM6 in a person's passport. Supposedly since it is forbidden to alter or deface a passport, it was determined that stapling did in fact deface a passport so that is why they stopped. But again, just a rumor.

Sounds more logical than most things in Thailand; was always careful removing the staples instead of just ripping it out for that very reason, didn't want to risk ripping the page.

14 minutes ago, toolpush said:

I heard a rumor as to why they quit using staples to secure the TM6 in a person's passport. Supposedly since it is forbidden to alter or deface a passport, it was determined that stapling did in fact deface a passport so that is why they stopped. But again, just a rumor.

What about all the other things they like to staple in your passport?  Also, if it is illegal, it would probably only be so in the country of origin. 

20 minutes ago, toolpush said:

Doesn't using a rubber stamp on a passport page deface/alter it?  Ditto for any handwritten notation on any such stamp?  The rumor's probably correct, but it's a bit absurd, don't you think?