Interactive tracking of the Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

PoorSucker

Johns Hopkins University Center for Systems Science and Engineering launched tracking map website of the Wuhan ‘coronavirus’ as it appears to be rapidly spreading around the globe. The website tracks the spread of the deadly virus in real time and provides valuable information for people who want to understand what is happening and know more about the spread of this flu.

Screenshot_20200126-204518.thumb.png.d38eac009b4b7c94d4fd5e53c8b213b7.png

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

• Like 1

It is not the spread in real time you see but the identification of cases. Which only happens in places where they are testing and will typically be about a week late.

I'm in Phnom Penh now, a city with a huge Chinese presence. High proportion of people are sick with a respiratory illness myself included.

Nobody is being tested.

Are any of these cases corona virus? Entirely possible but your map will not show it.

Conversely countries that are more vigilant will find a higher proportion of however many cases they have,making it look like they have more cases compared to somewhere that is lax but might actually have more.

• Like 2

Betty H. Olson

Professor, Environmental Health, Science, and Policy
School of Social Ecology
Professor, Community & Environmental Medicine
School of Medicine
PH.D., University of California, Berkeley is now reporting that you will need a "AntiViral" mask that will filter down to the 0.12 micron level. https://www.reddit.com/r/China_Flu/comments/esggkp/just_in_3m_air_pollution_masks_dont_protect/

Years ago there was a movie....Dustbin Hoffmann was in it.  I  think it was called "Andromeda Strain".  A monkey carried the bad virus and Dustbin had to track it down.  One would hope there is a similar science guy working away at a cure in Wohan.  Worth watching again I think.  

10 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Years ago there was a movie....Dustbin Hoffmann was in it.  I  think it was called "Andromeda Strain".  A monkey carried the bad virus and Dustbin had to track it down.  One would hope there is a similar science guy working away at a cure in Wohan.  Worth watching again I think.  

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114069/

Outbreak. It was a great movie of my childhood.

The bad: Incubation period seems to be up to two weeks but people are already infectious during that time. 

The good: It seems only or mostly people in bad shape (elderly, immunodeficiencies etc.) seem to be affected seriously or deadly. From the 9 or so cases in Thailand, 5 or so have already been released from hospital and 3 of them were in the 70ish age range. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...