Timing of retirement extension and insurance policy

On 1/31/2020 at 8:48 AM, peterdwje2 said:

Just in case I go the extend O-A with insurance route, if my current stay expires July 2, do I ask the insurance company to make the new policy effective on July 2? 

from the gist of the confusion on the other thread I would have the insurance company make it valid from 3pm july 1st and apply 1st thing in the morning on july 2nd. you will (according to the other thread) lose 1 day of your year but this being a leap year you already were given a free day so they'd just be taking it back. ???? 

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you previously were doing extensions based on O-A and wish to change to non o there are 2 ways do do that. Exit Thailand without a reentry permit (killing your permission of stay) and obtain non o at a Thai consulate. OR

EXIT and reenter either via visa exempt stamp or setv. Either of these can be "converted" at immigration to a non o.

Prior to expiry apply for extension.

Which bit don't you get?

the bit where you stated "It CAN be done inside..." when it obviously can't. 

ETA: specifically the O-A can't be converted to an O "inside"

Edited by mrwebb8825

Went today to C Mai for another extension of my Non-o. Told to come back with a bank statement as they wouldn't accept copy of bank book ( as I have done for the last 6 years) Bank statement for a savings account does not show running balances as it matures every 90 days. Now have to go back and get a bank statement for my ordinary account, which does show running balances. My deposit account has been active since 2015. Bah humbug.