BANGKOK
webfact

Coronavirus UPDATE: More Chinese cities restrict travel, Thailand checking land borders

36 minutes ago, CGW said:

As your opinion is both appreciated and valued, please share what you consider to be an appropriate comparison? 

deaths from a disease, not road traffic collisions that could be avoided

Are they just letting all of these people go home without paying their bills 🤔 As far as I see, they aren’t doing anything in Thailand but ineffective temperature checks.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CGW said:

Ok, how does this fit, 110 people have died so far, over 25,000 die daily from heart disease, which disease should I be more "fearful" off?

Depends on if you already have heart disease or not. AFAIK it isn't contagious. This new coronavirus is.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

That statement put me at ease....🙄

Maybe this will. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, steve187 said:

how will France get the people from Wuhan to an airport, no travel is allowed within Wuhan

France said they would "evacuate" their nationals. Travel restrictions are limited to normal passenger travel. The airport, I am speculating, still allows for medical, postal/freight, diplomatic, military, and other specifically authorized flights.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Depends on if you already have heart disease or not. AFAIK it isn't contagious. This new coronavirus is.

Is it so contagious? to everyone or just the vulnerable, the numbers released are nowhere near the figures for "Diarrhoea diseases" which according to WHO, ~5,450 people die from daily or lower respiratory infections, especially given the pollution levels here should be more concerning, ~8,200 people die everyday.

If the death toll increases to these levels, I will be concerned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CGW said:

Is it so contagious?

Seems so: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Capture.JPG.f3d6e5936db28613f64fae5e3cd81353.JPG

That's just the diagnosed. Bear in mind there's a bottleneck with the diagnostics and the reports are not real-time, they have other things to do than reporting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, car720 said:

106 dead as of this morning.

It would be interesting to know about how long (on average) from infection it takes for someone to die. From that we can extrapolate a mortality rate by going back that number of days to see how many infections had then been reported. Are we between 5 and 10 per cent?

For readers interested in facts, the link on post #5 is quite interesting, but highly technical.

Close the borders—to Hell with the tourist numbers.  Maybe western currencies will continue to rise to a normal level.  High spenders would return.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, placnx said:

It would be interesting to know about how long (on average) from infection it takes for someone to die. From that we can extrapolate a mortality rate by going back that number of days to see how many infections had then been reported. Are we between 5 and 10 per cent?

Too early to have averages, but I did spot a single case: 

Edited by DrTuner